Holley Terminator EFI

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by spav350, Jun 3, 2014.

1. spav350

spav350 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Got it up and running. After warm up i got the idle where i liked it. Throttle response is insane. I plan to road test it tomoroow. The only issue i had was that i had my fuel pump mounted a little too high above the pre-filter. I wasnt getting fuel to the throttle body at first. Lowered it down and it took care of my supply problem. The set up is simpler than the instructions make it out to be. I cant wait to see how it drives.

2. crazypurgatory

crazypurgatory Veteran Member

I'm thinking about getting the Holley Terminator EFI kit also and have a couple of questions you might be able to answer for me.
    I have a weiand 144 supercharger I'm going to put on my engine and would like to know if it will work on a supercharged engine?
    I'm going to guess that it would since it has a Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor and I would think it would adjust for the boost.
    Sec is for spav350 where did you end up mounting your fuel pump and what brand did you use can you hear it?
    Thanks,

3. spav350

I mounted it at the same level as the tank just behind the rear axle. I ended up buying holleys fuel pump part# 12-920. I drove it this afternoon and love the throttle response it has. I didnt push it hard. I plan to put some more time in this weekend. Worth the investment in my book.

4. spav350

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally put my hood latches on. I dont recall the guy who put them on his car on here but i took the idea from him. Came out nice.

5. spav350

Im in the middle of installing the a/c now so excuse the rats nest in the corner.

6. spav350

The new pump isnt nearly as loud as a holley red or blue. Fairly quiet once it loads up with fuel.

7. TBART1970

TBART1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks good but I would insulate the fuel lines from the heater hoses

8. PSV

PSV New Member

How are you liking the system. I'm seriously considering it and the msd atomic efi.

9. spav350

I like it. But i cant compare to any other system. It was easy to set up. You just drive from there. I cant complain about anything invloving the installation or operation. An overall simple set up. I like simple.

10. JWZ28

JWZ28 Veteran Member

Sounds about like the MSD system I put on my 78 as far as set-up beyond some minor differences. Takes driving it to get it to tune itself. Throttle response is outstanding and it fires up the first time no matter how long it's been since the last drive.

Congrats on the EFI, it was worth every penny to me.