Holley Terminator or FAST 2.0

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by renegade8720, Feb 19, 2015.

1. renegade8720

renegade8720 Member

Hey Guys,

I am trying to decide between these two EFI systems for my 1979 Camaro, 383 Stroker, 562 lift 300 duration Howards cam, 510 HP, 480 ft lbs torque.
    I have read what reviews on both that I can find online. The reviews for the FAST 2.0 have been mixed, majority liking the system.
    The reviews for the Holley Terminator have been more favorable. The reason i am leaning toward one of these systems is the ability able to fine tune.
    I like the looks of the throttle body and the touch screen on the fast system over the Holley, but looks isn't everything. I want a good system that works.

Do any of you guys have experience with either of these systems? What do you like and don't like?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Renegade

2. renegade8720

renegade8720 Member

No comments?

I could really use some real world advise on these systems.

Thanks,
    Renegade

3. dale68z

dale68z Veteran Member

My Q jet works wonderfully on my 68. My holley works just fine on my 71.

A friend of mine had the FAST system. Hated it. Now has a holley 750DP

4. MartyO

MartyO Veteran Member

We have used the FAST system in a number of set ups and love it. We have not installed the Holley set up that I can recall.

5. DFWJ

DFWJ Veteran Member

I run the FAST XFI 2.0, but I think you are talking about the FAST EZ-efi.

What you are talking about are both throttle body injection systems, I would say you are missing out on the full potential of a sequential port injection system in regards to throttle response, partial throttle power output and fuel efficiency.

In general I think people depend too much on the 'self-tuning' function of these type of systems.

Glad to see you have an interest though, I much prefer to tune with a laptop than a wrench. Check the link in my sig " I hate carbs " for great classes on EFI tuning.

6. Devildog

Devildog Veteran Member

I've been doing some research myself on fuel injection systems. I'm considering it for my 73.

I love the idea of having fuel injection on my healthy big block which is hidden by my chrome air cleaner so that it looks stock.

I'm NOT a computer or tech guy so I really want a plug and play system that is easy to install and doesn't require a lot of nonsense.

I'll be following this post.

7. spav350

spav350 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I installed the Holley Terminator last June. I love it. I can't say anything for the FAST system as I've never seen one or had experience with one.

8. gpintauro

gpintauro Veteran Member

I have the FAST EZ efi version 1.0 on my car....its nice, runs pretty good, but if I could do it again, I would've bought a FAST multi port set up . More ability to do more changes and probably runs a little better, for not much more money.

9. ssenay72

ssenay72 Veteran Member

I have the terminator on my zz383 in my 75 corvette, holley hp multiport on my 69 Camaro 540 and my 81 Camaro got the fast xfi 2.0 multiport. Honestly all of them are awesome. But from what my tuner told me he prefers the fast software for tuning.

Sounds like your going the route of non multiport. Which all I can input for that is the terminator on my vette runs very nice. Easy install and setup basically did all of it myself and had it dyno tuned to tweak it.

[​IMG]

10. kimosabi

kimosabi Veteran Member

What I make out of these "glorified carburetor" injection units is that they tend to have better venturies in addition to self tuning and ease of maintenance.

If I go EFI I wouldn't swap out my Qjet for anything less than a full sequential 8 injector direct runner injection setup. A TBI unit still have unknowns through the manifold before mix enters intake runners, which can mean not optimal if you're dealing with a dual plane with different runners.