Hollywood has officially run out of creative talent.

72'z'steve

Veteran Member
Oct 15, 2000
waukesha wi usa
That has been going on for years,I gave up when they made McHales navy into a movie.I think the original A star is born was from the 40's I remember my dad griping about the strisand/krisstofferson [sp] version being a rip off in the 70's and saying there was no talent then !!!.I watch a lot of "ME" TV [memorable entertainment television] over the air here,all 50's 60's 70's show-lots of neat cars too! Later Steve!!

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
That has been going on for years,I gave up when they made McHales navy into a movie.I think the original A star is born was from the 40's I remember my dad griping about the strisand/krisstofferson [sp] version being a rip off in the 70's and saying there was no talent then !!!.I watch a lot of "ME" TV [memorable entertainment television] over the air here,all 50's 60's 70's show-lots of neat cars too! Later Steve!!

Yeah, I think every generation says the same thing. I heard it 45 years ago as kid.

SRGN

Veteran Member
Feb 20, 2009
Central NJ
When "Snakes On A Plane" came out, I knew it was over. Only movie lately that I truly enjoyed was the Snake & Mongoose movie.

Shizzle

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 2012
oak lawn, illinois
Yeah, I think every generation says the same thing. I heard it 45 years ago as kid.

I can understand remakes for different generations, but HellBoy isn’t even that old. The Ron Perlman ones are from the 2000’s. They did the same thing with Spider-Man & only thing that changed was a few years & Toby McGuire was gone.

ZEN357

Veteran Member
Feb 12, 2018
All Hollywood is now, is regurgitation of what we have seen over and over again!!!!

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
I find most remakes to be disappointing, if the original was "great" odds are the remake wouldn't be.

They don't put anytime into character development or real story telling. The plot comes on fast and shallow with no legitimate build up. Get them in, get the money and move the next group through type stuff.

Smokey15

Veteran Member
Aug 13, 2017
Caledonia, MI
I feel a lot has to do with nepotism. Many of these 'new' so called actors/actresses are hanging on parents coattails. They grew up privileged and most don't have an original thought or have a clue about hard work to get ahead. Same goes for sports stars (OJ for example). They hobnob with unHolywood idiots and next thing, they are in movies. Anyone outside the 'circle' has a hard time selling an original script. I bet they have to be real persistent to get any of the second, third or fourth generation 'producers' to even read it. Just my opinion. Could be wrong.