Holy Crap is it just me?

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by Scrappy1980, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Scrappy1980

Scrappy1980 Veteran Member

I have been watching the GAA auctions yesterday and today and people are gone crazy on buying cars. I dont think the Haggerty values they give cars is in the same universe with the GAA auction. I was looking at buying something but ever thing is going for crazy money. You are better buying a car direct from the owner.

I was looking at the Maple Bros auction coming to the DFW area. The sell pays 11% fee to sell a reserved car and the buyer pays the fee also.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  2. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Yup people are snatching everything up like it’s the end of the world

3. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

I've seen several auctions in person and watched some in the past on TV. I just consider it entertainment. There are some great deals to be had and I know why sellers use auctions, but I could never pay a buyer's fee. I'd rather deal with a seller one-on-one without getting into a pissing contest with another buyer. Others live for that kind of thrill. To each, their own.

4. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

How do expect Auction Houses to stay in Business if they don't charge Fees?

5. BillyDean7173

They can charge whatever fees they want. It's their business and I have no problem with it. Personally, I wouldn't pay their fees. There's plenty of places to find a car without paying a middle man. I've done okay on my own.

carhead22000 likes this.
  6. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I wouldn't pay them either ( especially seeing the cars in person that go across the Barrett-Jackson Auctions), but it is a business.

I'm going to a Mecom Auction this weekend just to look & watch!

7. BillyDean7173

That's a pretty good one. Went to their inaugural in Austin years ago. Met Dana Mecum, saw Chris Layton (drummer for Stevie Ray Vaughn), saw an L88 Corvette, and got on TV by photobombing the winning bidder. Drank lots of beer, too. A good day!

carr911 likes this.
  8. xten

xten Veteran Member

Because of "the powers that be" up here the auction is in Orlando this week. That's the one I used to go to in Harrisburg every year. There's a bunch of pissed off people around the northeast over that move. You'll be just as disappointed T.C. We went because it was like a big car show where everything was for sale. Man, they look so much better on TV, don't they? I'd like to know what kind of filters they use on the lights on stage.

Dave Nelson and carr911 like this.
  9. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

we were set to go to the Harrisburg auction this year as well, until Governor Adolf got in the way. Some of the cars at Mecum can be decent, we have bought a couple there, however the camera does make the questionable ones looks surprisingly good lol

xten likes this.
  10. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Whipper is my favorite Drummer! Followed him thru SRV, Arc Angels, Storyville, & Kenny Wayne Shepherd

BillyDean7173 likes this.