Hood and Trunk Stripes

Classic3

NastyZ28 Sponsor
Jan 9, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I would like to add black hood and trunk strips to my 70 Camaro.
Where can I purchase black hood and trunk stripes decals from?
I search the forum but was not successful in finding what i looking far.
Any recommendations would be most helpful.

Thanks
Hello Cajun1970.

We do offer quality stencil sets to help with laying down some stripes on your 1970 Camaro. Please see link below for more information.

https://www.classicindustries.com/shop/1970/chevrolet/camaro/parts/?q=Stencil Set

We hope this information will help.

Best regards,
Marketing Team

Zoomin

Veteran Member
Aug 5, 1999
Oklahoma City, OK USA
D1C95A6B-C0BC-4D61-9976-4DEF37C4DB96.jpeg

Here's an update - since the vinyl stripes are not the right dimensions I decided to try a different route. I used the vinyl kit front part as a template, then I used the dimensions provided in another thread to layout the rest. Then I used Duplicolor Modern White Custom Wrap Removable Coating 11 oz. Aerosol CWRC841 - version of Plasti Dip. It took me a while to get the curves laid out right until I finally got some 3M 1/8" vinyl tape to mask the radius-ed corners (have to run two stripes side by side to make it a 1/4" inch but it's so much easier) and used 3M 1/4" fine line tape to get the constant 1/4" gap around the main stripe. Total cost for the 4 cans of paint and tape to do the hood was under $50. It's not great and I got better with experience, but the neat part is I can peel it off and give it another shot.

And yes I know I didn't get the driver side stripe placed right :crazy:

Last edited:

Latest posts