Hooker / Holley's new 2nd gen LS set-up

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by mikes70, Nov 20, 2013.

1. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

Users inquiries such as yours are always a driving force behind our new product efforts, so if enough folks call in with a similar request you could see it happen.

2. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I like that statement. :)

Actually, I'm trolling threads like these. I just pre ordered the book that deal with LS engine swaps specifically in Gen 2 Camaros. I'll be weight options as to whether I'll go with a late model Gen 1 383 & 400R4 or with something like the LY5 & 4l60/65E combo. Just trying to gather the facts now, don't expect to start on this project until next winter at earliest.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

Looks like the MSRP is $749 for the 2.5" system and $799 for the 3". For reference, the features include full stainless steel constuction, a stamped crossover assembly, OE grade hardware, the highest off-the-shelf ground clearance available and bolt-in compatibility with a Ridetech four-link suspension.

4. cwaugs

cwaugs Member

Hey Corky, Have the 5.3 in my 2nd Gen with a turbo400/GearVendor and absolutely would never go back to a SBC Having a 4L80E built as we speak, and jonesing for the Hookers to be built!

5. PolarBear

PolarBear Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

What T56 is that? Tail housing looks odd

6. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Really leaning that way.

7. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

It's the T56 Magnum aftermarket transmission and it installs on the same crossmember as a 4th-gen F-body/GTO T56 does, it just requires the use of a 5/16" spacer that is included with the crossmember to make up the height difference in the machined mounting boss heights of the two different transmissions.

8. cars4life

cars4life Veteran Member

Aside of the shifter hole there is no other cutting for a t56, What about the brace? Im very confused. All the info I readed up until now shows a cut going back into the brace.

9. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

I apologize for any confusion...during the operation of cutting the hole for the T56 shifter, you will partially encroach into the cross section of the brace. You may wish to close up (weld in a plate or create a fiberglass patch) the resulting "window" in the brace or not, it's up to you based on the level of finish detail you are wanting to put into it.

10. cars4life

cars4life Veteran Member

Ok. We have discussed this before on another thread so I was a little thrown off with your comment about the shifter hole. Thanks for clarifying that.