Hooker / Holley's new 2nd gen LS set-up

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by mikes70, Nov 20, 2013.

1. DENALI

DENALI Veteran Member

The exhaust is supposed to clear the ridetech suspension, what about other suspensions that are popular like the DSE Quadralink?

2. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

It will not offer bolt-in compatibility with the DSE components as the design geometry of that system is completely different, especially when the position/trajectory of the panhard bar is taken into account.

Actually, the likelihood of the bend geometry being bolt-in compatible with any other 4-link system is questionable since they all feature proprietary design geometry, which is why we can only state the known compatibility with the Ridetech system.

3. DENALI

DENALI Veteran Member

Why would you limit yourself to a ridetech only ehaust? You had my sale until this point.

4. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

The limit was not self-imposed, but rather done so by the varying geometry of the other suspension systems. The same tube bend geometry that it takes to provide compatibility with the Ridetech does not work with the other systems, it's as simple as that. You also need to have cars available for development with each system you want to accommodate installed on them, which was not possible within the constraints of this project.

I need to add that the geometry of the system is first and foremost designed to fit stock leaf spring suspension vehicles with the ability to accomodate the Ridetech system being an add-on compatibility feature that we were fortunate to be able to also accomodate.

Fortunately, we rely highly on input/requests such as yours to guide us in future development projects, so coming out with other systems that are compatible with other makes of suspensions other than the Ridetech system would not be out of the question in the future if we receive enough requests to provide the needed ROI to make it worthwhile.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and will definitely forward it ahead to those in charge.

Todd

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  5. la-rue

la-rue Veteran Member

with the hooker motor mount kit and crossmember, will the shifter line up like stock, so I can use the stock console and all, as is?

and can I use the stock style trans mount?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  6. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

Are you referring to the stock manual shifter, or a floor mount automatic shifter? As far as the mount is concerned, you can use the stock rubber that both the Prothane and Energy Suspension mounts are designed to replace. That same mount was used in almost all GM cars from the late 50's into the 80's.

7. la-rue

la-rue Veteran Member

Floor mount auto shifter. And I'll be putting in a ls1/4l60, hoping I don't have to modify the original center console

8. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

No problem there and companies like Shiftworks can supply you with the shifter conversion parts to operate the 4-speed properly.

9. saved1992

saved1992 Veteran Member

Any updates ? Called and was told still scheduling production

10. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

The 1970-74 mount kit is now on the shelf so you can contact any reseller of Hooker products to request purchase info; we are also working to get the listing up and available to you on the Holley website by the end of this week.

I'm waiting for a response for a status inquiry I made to our production facility this morning on the 1970-74 long tubes, so I should know something to post up tomorrow.