Hooker / Holley's new 2nd gen LS set-up

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by mikes70, Nov 20, 2013.

1. saved1992

saved1992 Veteran Member

Thanks !!

2. csjrishere

csjrishere Veteran Member

Awesome...I will be trying to order some.

3. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

The Hooker 1970-74 F-body LS engine mounting kit

The Hooker 1970-74 F-body LS engine mounting kit (12512HKR) is now available on the Holley website...now waiting on a reply for the long-tube status.

4. 72-Z/28

72-Z/28 Member

I can vouch for the hooker/ holley set up. I am running the ls1/4160e motor mounts and trans mount. I installed them a few weeks ago,they line up perfectly and put the pinion angle at the correct spot. I am waiting for the Longtubes to be released so I can grab those as well. Any eta on when these are going to be released?

5. 1934chevycoupe

1934chevycoupe Veteran Member

was looking at the headers on hooker's website. w/ no flange, how do they connect to the tailpipes? also, was looking at holleys accessory drive system on holley's site. looks nice, just like a stock setup, but couldn't find a suggested price anywhere on just the brackets or the complete sytem. looked on summit and they only showed the spacer kit you'll need.

6. stroked383

stroked383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If you take the part number from Holley and plug it into Summit it will give you the price. like 20-143 is $749.95

7. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

For reasons of maximized ground clearance, a Torca sleeve coupler is used to attach the headers to the Hooker exhaust system. It's the same clamp that is used by Ford on the late model Mustang exhaust.

8. mikes70

mikes70 Veteran Member

Todd, is this the same adapter you mentioned to me at SEMA regarding the 3" header to the 2.5" Dynatech exhaust? BTW, yours you said is like 20.5" on CL at the lower header exhaust and i measured 22.5" +/- on my Dynatech set-up. I dont want to pitch their exhaust so i guess i will "bend" it too fit.
    My Dynatech headers, with Transadapt engine mounts, Hotchkis spring, the t-56 rubbing the top of the tunnel (well 1/4" of clearance) place the collector at 2.375 from the finished floor in my garage, way too low imo.

I'm gonna order your ceramic longtubes as soon as there ready (if the s/s ones are ready first, i may order those). Keith at Custom Works is doin the front end suspension/steering soon...

9. mikes70

mikes70 Veteran Member

BTW, the Holley webpage is down

10. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

Hey Mike, I was down in our manufacturing facility last week delivering the welding fixtures for our 1st-gen headers and say them bending the 1970-74 long tubes you've been waiting for.

When I asked them when they expected to be finished with them, they said just before Christmas for all the mild steel versions (painted and ceramic coated). I wanted to let you know all this before I leave for the PRI show this afternoon and forgot to tell you. Hopefully this helps you in your planning.

By the way, the 1970-70 engine mounting kit is now available, so you can pick up one of those and a the correct Hooker crossmember to get your engine and trans mounted in preparation for installing the headers if you want to.