Hoosier Quick Time Pro Questions

mrdragster1970

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member

Just trying to help, I know most of us in that thread run 6 & 7 second cars, but knowledge is knowledge.
If you are ever close to a goal, understanding wheel speed might just get you there.
I know my car does not like to dead hook, even low wheel speed makes a big difference.
I started with 1.24 60' and got it down to 1.05, and it was still a little slow on the wheel speed for that car.

Wheel speed is something many of us don't understand, we always say hook, hook, hook, when we should be saying control, control, control!!!!

CamaroGP

Veteran Member
Nov 10, 2012
Summerfield, Florida
I appreciate the input. I know one of the tricks to going faster is to take advice from somebody faster than you. I read an awful lot over on YB. Found answers to a bunch of questions during my build.

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
I know those tires are cubic dollars.Kid runs the 18.5's on his Camaro, which has been 8.60's @ 160 mph. One thing we both learned is that they don't last very long, even with limited street driving. A friend of ours, a former engine builder and chemical engineer invented a product that really extends the life of those tires.It's called "Formula V" traction treatment. Can be found at most speed shops like Summit or Jegs.

mrdragster1970

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member

Exactly why I made that thread when I just couldn't get the launch I wanted.
I was so worried about being consistent, I was leaving too soft, which was doing more harm, then getting after it.

Trust me, the smiles and thrill at a 1.05 60' is 100 times more then a 1.24 when you spent the money I did.
I got it down to about 1.14 before that thread, and 1.05 after.

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
mrdragster1970 said:

Exactly why I made that thread when I just couldn't get the launch I wanted.
I was so worried about being consistent, I was leaving too soft, which was doing more harm, then getting after it.

Trust me, the smiles and thrill at a 1.05 60' is 100 times more then a 1.24 when you spent the money I did.
I got it down to about 1.14 before that thread, and 1.05 after.

Can't even imagine a 1.05 60. That's gotta paste ya in the seat! Kid's best is a 1.27 on the rear tires. Mine isn't even worth typing! lol. But I do know a tenth in 60 ft will get your attention!