Hot rod's Drag week help

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by 80'427, Nov 27, 2006.

1. 78LT383

78LT383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I thought of another essential item- extension cords. If you have room for a few 110V lights for working at night, that would probably be quite useful too.

2. IDLZRUF

IDLZRUF Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dont forget u joints and a set of holddowns for it also the safety stuff : glasses good gloves a set of kevlar hot sleeve for your arms is a definite plus,extra nuts and bolts especially for the carb and headers one of those big magnetic trays is a must, sneaky pete and a extendable magnetic pick up.Remote starter switch.extra wire .
    dont forget the driver needs too.Lot of good healthy snacks fruit pepto bismo antacid etc.
    Good luck wish I could go do it too

3. Marv D

Marv D Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Devils own training ground,,, aka Arizona
    IMO one thing you DEFINATELY need to add to your list is a spare set of valve springs (with a Moroso 'on the head' spring compressor), some spare pushrods and a few spare rockers as you mentioned. 1500 miles of highway driving with that much rpm and lift is going to be pretty hard on the valve train (springs, rockers, etc). In the event of a broken spring,,, finding a replacement would be tough, if not impossible from the corner parts store. Anything short of a catostrophic engine failure is going to be incidentials (hoses and belts, and such) or valve train. You have already thought of that, but I didn't see springs, a couple of retainers/locks and some way to change them on your list.

One thing I always find I forget, or never have enough of at the track,,, rags!!!

I didn't see any list of rules on the link, but if they will allow a trailer and tire change at the track,, like you said, a set of very tall highway tires for the cruising between tracks, and a set of short DOT stickeys in a very small trailer for the track would be ideal IMO.

4. Doug Jaynes

Doug Jaynes Veteran Member

Maliboost, I leave my 02 sensor in rain or shine with no trouble. It shouldnt be an issue they are made to be left in.

Doug

5. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  6. Travisty

Travisty Veteran Member

Yeah, it's really col to see Nebraska get some representation in Hot Rod. Hopefully you and your buddies can add to our numbers next year! :cool:

7. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

We will pry be to slow but still showing up is half the battle.

8. Travisty

Travisty Veteran Member

Hell the winner of the Unlimited class this year was running something like mid to high 10s. The unlimited class was supposed to be the 7-8 sec cars, but none of them made the full trip!

9. 78LT383

78LT383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Wasn't there two or three classes with just a very small number of finishers this year? Really surprising.

10. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

ya but the 12 sec class had and big turn out.