Hotchkis rear leaf springs( kit )2408C

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by 1973camaro406, Jun 4, 2012.

1. 1973camaro406

1973camaro406 Veteran Member

Just got my kit in today.2408C
    Ok here's the deal, I was gonna get summit brand leafs for about 220
    I saw the hotchkis and it was 429.95 so I was convinced summit would be better.If you look close it says (with install kit for hotchkis).You get front and rear bushings, shackles with blots and locking nuts.New heavy duty u bolts and caps. new poly pads upper and lower. Also get those funky u shapes clipbolts that hold the front of leaf to body and bolts. All and all I think its about the same $$ if you buy all the parts separate that come with this kit.GREAT JOB HOTCHKIS!!!!!!!

2. 1973camaro406

1973camaro406 Veteran Member

Anyone know why manufacturers use rubber bushings up front with poly in back?

3. Vsolo

Vsolo Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That is one nice thing i liked when I got my Hotchkis, you get all the parts and don't have to run around finding stuff.

4. Vsolo

Vsolo Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

??? Who, what part ?

5. cars4life

cars4life Veteran Member

I just got my hotchkis front and rear springs delivered today and was surprised with the amount of hardware also. I will not be useing the rubber bushings up front, I will use solid aluminum bushings with caltrak bars.

6. warped

warped Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sitting in my command bunker waiting for the zombi
    I can't say why they do this, but I put poly in the rear shackle bushings and will be taking them out soon. The poly bushings bind up and then snap loose on acceleration and deceleration. I don't think it is dangerous, but the feel is noticeable and very annoying. I have delrin bushings from Custom Works to install in the rear and the front has the spher-o-bushing from ptfb.

7. tferg51

tferg51 Veteran Member

Look at the part numbers on the bushings for the body and shackles. One supplier uses the same for both and one uses one for the frame and a different one for the spring. I installed mine before I noticed it in the instructions and then had to take one back out only to find that I had the kit that used the same bushing in the frame and spring.