Hotchkis springs questions

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by TX78Z28, Sep 20, 2006.

1. TX78Z28

TX78Z28 Veteran Member

I am about to replace my front and rear springs and have come across a Hotchkis group buy allowing me roughly 25% off the list price. Although I'd love to be able to get their whole kit including sway bars, for now I'll have to settle for the springs.

Question: Do the Hotchkis rear springs drop the car too much to run 17" wheels and tires? Would the nose be so low that headers would hit?
    And for those running them...how much do these springs improve handling? And what do they do for ride (I plan on adding their shocks or Bilstiens) quality?

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Where is said GP?

3. 67lemanster

67lemanster Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

i have the hotchkis. i am running 17's or 17x8 with 245/45's up front and 17x9 with 285/40's out back. you will be fine. you could and can run as big as a 315 on the rear if you get the correct backspacing on the wheel. to be honest i would save the coin and look for a ws6 front sway bar off a t/a. its 1 1/4" you can find them on ebay for under 50 bucks. thats what i did. i bought a rear bar from summit for 125.00 however i have since remove it and the car seems to actually handle a little better. the matched bilstiens are great that they revalve. i am cheap so i got bilstiens from speedway motors for under 60 bucks a pop.

your question about headers is kinda a loaded question. you can drag headers on a stocks suspension. yes you might bang them more but you learn to be careful. i venture to say most people here that have hotchkis stuff have headers. dont sweat it. if you are worried buy cheap headers and replace often. LOL LOL

i didnt drive my car before the springs swap but i can assure you my car handles wonderfully with the hotchkis stuff and speedway bilstiens. it is not harsh and doesnt beat ya up. however i avoid pot holes and slow down at dips. you might want to look into some sub frame connectors also. it will tie the front to the rear and stiffin up the chassis. here is a pic of mine.

[​IMG]

you might find you need to cut the front coils depending on your setup...glass hood, aluminum heads and intake and so forth. we end up taking a fair amount of wieth off the nose of the car and the car sits a little higher. hotchkis designed there front springs for stock hood, heads and intake prolly even a/c. i ended up cutting 3/4 loop off. just beware.

4. 3_z28camaro

3_z28camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have Hotckis 2" drop springs up front and there is no problem with my 17x8 with 245/45.

5. TX78Z28

TX78Z28 Veteran Member

well it sounds like the height will be OK and I am hearing the ride is not too harsh...so...considering I wanted to keep my car low while adding to the handling capabilities of the vehicle...beside global west...is Hotchkis the best choice?

Note - GP is on TBSS.com related to parts for the TrailBlazerSS...but tbyrne is allowing ANY Hotchkis parts to qualify. I got a price of $299.99 for the 2408C rear spring set, 1908F front coils $129.99, and HPS1000 shocks $69.99... during the GP... ending this Friday.

6. 67lemanster

67lemanster Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

yes, imho :)

and that is a great deal if you dont get gouged on shipping.