How I prepare my car for dealership service...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Buickfunnycar, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

LOL...that's what the tech will be wearing hopefully...except those boots look a bit dirty! :crazy:

2. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Hopefully, you'll get a full breakfast, donuts, coffee......

3. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

I was waiting for service on a Dodge pickup I used to have. This old guy and his wife came into the lounge, she had a cowbell on her walker. I thought, "that's weird", but paid not much mind. A few minutes go by, and she decides to get up and get a complimentary donut.
    She farted like a packhorse all the way across the room. Guess the bell was an effort to hide the hideous sounds coming from her ass.:screwup:
    I smirked, and had to get up in leave before myself and the whole room busted out laughing - because everyone started doing the "look around at each other and try not to laugh" thing.

4. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

It's a jag right ? I would expect a different level of costumer service than you chevy dealer . It's kind of insulting .. If sometimg is wrong I'm sure a jaguar dealer will go out of his way to make it right . Again it's not an American car dealership .

5. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Well things went smoothly and he could obviously tell I was anal...lol.

We were on the same page when he looked at me and asked "Obviously you prefer we not wash your car?"...and I smiled and nodded. :)

6. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I rarely have anyone else work on my cars, but for my current daily driver, if it does have to go to the dealer for warranty work, they install steering wheel, seat and head rest booties plus a carpet protector before anyone else can sit in it. A different experience than I was used to.

7. BMR Suspension

BMR Suspension Veteran Member

About a month ago, I was having a Recall done on my Truck. They brought my Truck to the Service Lane and they asked if I wanted it Washed. I said no and went to go sign my Paperwork. I came back out & my Truck was not there - they told me that they took it down to the Wash Bay. I ran down there & basically yanked that kid out of my Truck right before it went in.

8. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I pride myself in the way my employees take care of a customers car when it arrives, during the repair and after it leaves the shop. It shows on our Customer Satisfaction Index since we are the highest in the region and just a few points above the national average. All cars have steering wheel covers, seat covers and floor mats put in at the time of write up. When the tech is done with the repair it is taken to detail, vacuumed front to rear including the trunk then hand washed, towel dried with good quality mitts, soap and towels.
    Now as far as Johns car goes...I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot pole!! :)

9. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

And - he wouldn't appreciate it.:)
    Reminds me of a story about my high school job as a grocery store bagger. There was this older lady that came in every week, she didn't want anyone touching her groceries. She must have been a germiphobe. I don't know how she thought the groceries got onto the shelf, but all of us thought it was funny to smother her with generosity and see who could bag her groceries the longest before she couldn't take it any more and ask the current bagger to please not touch her groceries. I remember one of the guys picking his nose, etc. while he was talking to her as he was putting her groceries in the bag, lol.

10. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

^LoL

My partner at work is a germaphobe. If i want to push his buttons (and i always do), I wait til we are in an elevator and make the face like i just farted then fan my ass. Gets him EVERYTIME...:innocent:

Its like christmas morning for me if I let a silent but deadly loose in the room....i just sit there amd wait for it to unfold