How to add a rear tail spoiler to a plain jane

76_TypeLT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 26, 2008
Houston, TX
How did you f up the alignment? Just curious what went wrong.

I wouldn't trust factory measurements since our cars were not uniform coming off the line. I would think MR FBDY's measurements are going to be REALLY close to anything factory.

Protour-Camaro

Veteran Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
76_TypeLT said:
How did you f up the alignment? Just curious what went wrong.

I wouldn't trust factory measurements since our cars were not uniform coming off the line. I would think MR FBDY's measurements are going to be REALLY close to anything factory.

I know for fact some of those are wrong. I know what 1/4" looks....I just want to make sure

Im not sure how the puddy didn't work, went well, drilled the holes, and the end didnt fit right....used the factory measurement, dropped right in.

Last edited:

krabben1

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 16, 2007
( . Y . )Delco
Protour-Camaro said:
I know for fact some of those are wrong. I know what 1/4" looks....I just want to make sure

Im not sure how the puddy didn't work, went well, drilled the holes, and the end didnt fit right....used the factory measurement, dropped right in.
I usually make a cardboard,or thin metal template of the bottom,then just transfer it.Works everytime.
If your having trouble,why not just drill thru from the bottom bolthole to the finish outside of spoiler.
Get it placed exactly where you want,then drill thru the spoiler(pilothole)into the quarter.Then youll only have a pinhole to fill on your spoiler.Easily done with a small amout of resin.

Protour-Camaro

Veteran Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
Well FWIW....I measured the spoiler and the manual is correct. The separation difference between the top holes and the bottom are 1-2/16" (2.94), Not a solid 1", so the 3-1/16" measurement is not correct, but so minimal it will work with either. A 1/4" stud going through a 3/8" obviously has some margin for error.

Latest posts