howe raised ball joint cheaper find

79T/Aman

Veteran Member
NastyZ28 Sponsor
NastyZ28 Sponsor
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 7, 2004
Dickson TN.
sorry I didn't see this one earlier I know about that "tall" ball joint deal, the circle track guys use them and don't always bother reaming out the spindle but it is dangerous thing to do because the threads will be up in the spindle hole and can break the ball joint pin even though the taper is the same it is larger in size and this is why you have to ream it out and you will loose the about 1/8-3/16 of that 1/4 of raise in the ball joint so yes it's a bust.

Apr 23, 2015
san diego california
Glad to help out guys. Just to clarify the prices shown above we`re having a sale on a few parts and options right now like the screw in ball joints. They`ll be a $20 option but since we`re running a little low on the std. 4 bolt housings (just until we get our next shippment) we figured why not put em on sale. The nickel ones are also on sale while we still have some in stock. BTW that`s polished nickel,not actually "chrome". Chrome causes hydrogen enbrittlement,nickel doesn`t. :)

I hear you about hotrodding and making cheap parts work. Who doesn`t like that?! :cool: We try to pass that kind of info along whenever we can. Since the 2nd Gens are better engineered in a lot of ways than some of the other GM muscle cars it seems like there`s less of those quick swap junkyard upgrades though. The 12" B spindle/brake upgrade,4th gen tubular swaybars and not much else I can think of off the top of my head. Mark SC&C
Hi MArk, if I read this correctly, I can swap a 4th gen tubular sway bar into my 2nd gen? thanks for your invaluable info.

BonzoHansen

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 1, 2005
Scott from Hamilton, NJ
Hi MArk, if I read this correctly, I can swap a 4th gen tubular sway bar into my 2nd gen? thanks for your invaluable info.

Don't expect a response the member quoted hasn't been here for over a decade. Please check the thread dates.
I'll add SC&C is out of business.

Not sure I've ever heard of using a 4th gen bar in a 2nd gen

Latest posts