hyd roller lifters

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by 80'427, Jul 31, 2009.

1. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

I am converting one of last years circle track engines into tow duty in my 84 k10. I have to change the cam so I was going to use my retro fit hyd roller in out of the current 355 (since it is going into circle track duty). The only hitch is the 383 I am putting in has ford lifter bores. Will a retrofit ford hyd roller work or do I have to get some super high dollar custom lifters?

2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oof, I'm pretty sure the Ford lifters are different (bore spacing ect)
    You are probably looking custom.

I hate to say it, but a flat tappet is probably a better way to go on this one.
    Use a flattappet specific oil l like Joe Gibbs to make it last. Crower now has a "cam saver" lifter with an oil channel cut in it to improve flow, probably not a bad investment

3. Louich

Louich Veteran Member

you would use your roller chev cam but use the ford roller lifters cause the lifter bore dia is bigger. not in a diff location. or have bushings installed in lifter bores to run your chev lifters

4. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

I would think you can't use Ford roller lifters because the bore spacing is probably a different distance between lifters. Finding a lifter with the Ford diameter and the Chevy cross bar spacing probably isn't going to be something off the shelf.

Lowend's advice is the best here. A flat face Ford lifter will be the cheapest easiest way to get 'er done.