Hydroboost Help...

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by mjoc, Apr 24, 2020.

1. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Ordered and just received my hydroboost unit and it doesnt have instructions on how to hook up the hydroboost lines.. I would like to do this, this weekend I need help to know which lines go where etc... THanks in ADvance

Michael

2. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Which unit did you get? There area a couple of threads on here of people installing these units, try a search for Hydroboost , one the site and see if they come up, and call the people that you bought it from and ask for the install instructions, it works like a steering box, high and low side, you just want to make sure you hook it up right, so you don't make a mess, HAA HA , if the line blows off

3. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

I went with a company called ABSpowersteering.. I got a chrome unit with a wilwood master there three hose connection I ended up watching a lot of you tube videos and I think i figured it out. but I will use the search feature now too.

Michael

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  4. dave@ztech

I didn't think that that system used a master? I thought it ran on hydro fluid, from the power steering, right?

5. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hydro boost, from power steering, replaces the vacuum booster. You'll still have a master cylinder.

[email protected] likes this.
  6. biker

biker Veteran Member

It eliminates the big brake vacuum booster, but the master still has to be there to pressurize the brake lines and work the calipers/drum cylinders.

7. dave@ztech

Shows what an idiot I am, HAA HA , so it's like a regular system except the hyrdo provides the boost, and you need all the other regular brake lines and parts, got it!!

8. Jodi

Jodi Veteran Member

Find the pressure line from the Power steering Pump... the Hydro boost unit just hooks in series to this line.
    Check out my Project Progress Thread "My '73 Pro Street Project". Did this Mod. to my car a while back.

9. biker

biker Veteran Member

Trust me...before I got to see one in a shop I worked at many years ago, I thought it was some weird sorcery too.

mjoc and [email protected] like this.