Hydroboost with Wilwood Tandem Master Cylinder

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by 73BadBob, Feb 1, 2017.

1. 73BadBob

73BadBob Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've installed a Hydro boost system on my 73. Up dated rear brakes to Wilwood Disc to match the front. Trouble I am having is the Master Cylinder is mounted at an angle like the old cars were. The hydro boost system is longer than the stock set up. So it touching my hood and doesn't look right under the hood. I don't remember seeing a Wilwood set up being at an angle always mounted level. I was talking to someone and they said Wilwood made a bracket to fix this issue. I finally got around to calling and they said they don't to call around they think some of the after market companies do. I've called everyone I can think of and everyone says same thing, they don't but they are pretty sure someone does. I can't for the life of me remember who told me that such a bracket existed. (Must be getting old) I've attached a couple of pics. If look in the back you can see where I installed some washers for now so I can drive the car BUT That won't work for AutoRama etc. If you had this problem OR know of where I can find this bracket your help would be much appreciated.

Bob

Attached Files:

2. 71 rs BBC

71 rs BBC Veteran Member

I took a piece of bar stock 6061 and cut them into wedges, drilled clearance holes and put them between the firewall and booster on a chevelle. Polished them up. The dude is still running it with them in there. Very cost affective. Good luck.

3. 73BadBob

That crossed my mind. Not necessarily "bar stock" but something along those lines. I was hoping something to find something already done. I just had surgery and probably won't be under the hood fabing anything up anytime soon.

Do you have any pics of your work?

4. 71 rs BBC

71 rs BBC Veteran Member

It was on a 67 chevelle that was a friends. I thought stainless steel brakes had different brackets for there vac boosters. Some straight, some with built in angle and four holes. Maybe check them out.

73BadBob likes this.
  5. turbodave

turbodave New Member

6. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My Wilwood is sitting at an angle...it's the dual master mounted to the factory vacuum booster. Will the top mounting studs be long enough if you add a wedge to level out the master? Also will that new angle effect the rod angle to the pedal?...maybe I should look at the link in the post above mine, it may answer my questions

7. 73BadBob

Turbodave thanks but it needs to be wedged shaped in order to bring the top down. Bottom will need to be flat and wedged out like a piece of cheese at the top to get the desired look and clearance under the hood. Thanks for the response though

8. 73BadBob

I think the mounting studs are long enough and Yes it will effect the rod angle to the pedal but there is a lot of adjustment still left and I don't foresee that being an issue. Just need to adjust the length of the rod if it pulls the pedal back.

9. 73BadBob

thanks for the thought. I looked last night and didn't see anything there that would work.

10. 71 rs BBC

71 rs BBC Veteran Member

Bummer. If you don't want to fab something up I'm sure there's a HVAC or some other shop that could bend it up for you locally.