I am back

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by hogg, Aug 4, 2018.

1. hogg

hogg Veteran Member

Been gone for a little while ,about 2 months. I am diabetic . I wont you guys that are the same to pay attention to what is going on in you legs. I had got where i got tired in my legs and hips gust crossing the yard.A last they aced at night . Still acing the next day, i went to hospital , Came out less one leg.Lost my right leg,from knee down That fast,with stent in left leg hopping for the best to keep it . I now weight 135 lbs, down from 175 ,very week,Working on that.They wont me to eat a lot but have to try keeping the sugar down. Will be a long fight to get stronger, to get around better. Be a 69 El Camino for sale as soon as i can get together for some one to tell what goes with it.

2. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Take care of yourself my friend. This is a bump that can be overcome. I know as I am diabetic, diet is everything, food is now your medicine for you. If you eat your food with that in mind its easy to keep the numbers in control. Take care of yourself. All the best.

3. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I know where you're coming from. I've been diabetic for 30+ years. I have to watch my feet like a hawk. I'd be happy to get down to 200 pounds. 218 seems to be the tipping point. Below that and my A1C drops. Over that and my sugar goes up. There's so many new treatments out there today, no telling what will be next.

4. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Wow, sorry to hear this. I hope you heal fast and things go the right direction for you. Good luck with your recovery.

5. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Take care of yourself.

6. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yes, take care of yourself, and follow what the doctors say to eat, and get better soon!!

7. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Hang in there Hogg. Don't let it get you down!

8. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Damn, I'm sorry about your leg. Life can turn on us awfully quick.

9. MIDNIGHTBLUE

MIDNIGHTBLUE Veteran Member

Wishing you all the best.

I am a type II diabetic.

My Metformin's effectiveness began dropping, the doc was talking about injections. I decided to do a ton of research.

I started Ketogenics (KETO) over 3 months ago.

I have lost almost 25 pounds. For the first time in 10 years, I am almost the weight on my Driver License (2Lbs over) My A1C dropped from 12 to 7. Blood pressure down and HDLs way up and LDLs way down. My average blood glucose reading is now mid 90s before meals 120s after.

Metformin cut in half, doc is talking about taking me off my Diabetic and blood pressure meds.

This way of eating is a lifestyle, it's not a diet. My whole family is on it. Wife is down 31 pounds, 8 year old son down 10.2 pounds. He gained a BUNCH because of severe asthma and steroids, he was put in ICU 2 times in 3 years.

Keto diet was originally designed for epileptic children, two things they discovered, weight loss and inflammation related issues like swollen joints, swollen hands etc significantly reduced. ADD ADHD kids improved dramatically.

If you want a real simple overview and enlightening video, watch "The Magic Pill", on Netflix.

The low down:

High Fat
    Moderate Protien
    Very low Carbs.

No rice, bread, pasta, refined flours or grains, sugar or sweet vegetables.

All that stuff converts to glucose and not good for diabetics.

Example breakfast: 2 eggs over medium, 2 slices thick bacon, sauteed mushrooms

Lunch: Smoked Chicken thigh, veg sauteed in Avocado oil

Dinner: Big salad with sliced grilled beef.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    John Wright and jimrr like this.
  10. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

Sorry to hear about your leg, Hogg. Glad to have you back on the site.