I am now a Doctor!

Da_Raabi

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
This is a pretty big day for me. I just received notice that my application for graduation has been approved, and I am now a Doctor! I finished up my dissertation a few weeks ago and today I was awarded my degree! Now, keep in mind I'm not an "actual" doctor, as in it was not a medical degree. The degree is a Doctor of Education. I work in higher-ed so that is what my studies focused on.

This is a big big day!

8pack

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
Western, MA
What’s up Doc?!

1940A32C-AB91-4D63-9D65-1F6463E54D61.jpeg

Da_Raabi

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL

That's what my Dad said! lol

Piled Higher and Deeper...;)

Or in my case (I'm not a PhD, I'm an EdD) Ever Deeper Dung!

Thanks guys. This was a big big deal for me. I've been attending university in one form or another for almost exactly 14 years. I started back in the Fall of 2007, and finished Summer 2021. That sure is a long time to be in school, but four degrees later (and four kids too) I'm finally done!

bfmgoalie

Veteran Member
Jun 14, 2008
Gansevoort, New York
Kind of figured you were at that level. The few times we spoke, I could tell you are one intelligent guy! Congratulations! And I thought I was doing pretty good when I got my B/S when I was 38.

Patstuff28

Veteran Member
Aug 23, 2020
That's what my Dad said! lol
That reminds me of the famous line from Wooderson in the movie Dazed and Confused.”That’s what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.”

Or in my case (I'm not a PhD, I'm an EdD) Ever Deeper Dung!

Thanks guys. This was a big big deal for me. I've been attending university in one form or another for almost exactly 14 years. I started back in the Fall of 2007, and finished Summer 2021. That sure is a long time to be in school, but four degrees later (and four kids too) I'm finally done!