I get spammed every time I open this site

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
Looked at my network activity. at times it is pulling content from all over the place and then dies off.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

CAMeeks

Veteran Member
Jan 5, 2014
Deer Park, TX
Ok I didn't want to say anything because I didn't know if I caught something going to some websites. I get the same thing also on my Galaxy 7edge.

76_TypeLT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 26, 2008
Houston, TX
I've gotten it once within the last few days on my iPhone on ATT wifi. I thought I clicked something by mistake but looks like I'm not alone.

dirtmod08

Veteran Member
Jan 17, 2007
Central Illinois
I have also been getting similar crud on Photobucket for a very long time, it's almost as if they let it happen. It's crazy what some sights will allow for money at the risk of running people off. ( Not pertaining to this situation, I understand this wouldn't be intentional here).

John Wright

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 9, 2002
Rustburg, Va
I'm getting the spam too....I have to exit out so not to click on it by accident. Yep, very annoying, thought it was just me....
but...why is it only this site that does it?
That don't make sense to me(<---uneducated in this field, please enlighten)
Do all these ad banners invite spammers to share their spam?

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
Try using Firefox for Android and installing uBlock Origin for it. Not sure if they have anything for apple.
You might be onto something Javelin. About a week or so ago I started getting something unidentifieable attempting to flash onto my computer browser screen. Firefox was stopping it from loading, but the flashing in the upper left hand corner of the screen was annoying. I turned on Ad Blocker and have not seen anything since.
Whatever it was, Firefox alone prevented it from showing up on the screen, but the momentary flashing of the upper corner told me that something was attempting to get in. Ad Blocker on Firefox made it go away.
It might have been some kind ot redirect to another site to load crap and I already had Firefox set up to stop redirects. Ad Blocker made it go away completely.

Latest posts