I get spammed every time I open this site

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
I have had a lot of issues accessing the site in the last month to. A couple weeks ago I couldn't even get on it would just lock up internet explorer and chrome everytime I tried to open it.

Javelin3o4

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 21, 2004
Concord, CA
You might be onto something Javelin. About a week or so ago I started getting something unidentifieable attempting to flash onto my computer browser screen. Firefox was stopping it from loading, but the flashing in the upper left hand corner of the screen was annoying. I turned on Ad Blocker and have not seen anything since.
Whatever it was, Firefox alone prevented it from showing up on the screen, but the momentary flashing of the upper corner told me that something was attempting to get in. Ad Blocker on Firefox made it go away.
It might have been some kind ot redirect to another site to load crap and I already had Firefox set up to stop redirects. Ad Blocker made it go away completely.

Im assuming the issue must be whoever is dealing with the ads don't care or don't realize what the ad providers are pushing and just let whatever through.

John Wright

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 9, 2002
Rustburg, Va
There are ads across the top and bottom, and down the entire right side of the screen....doesn't leave much screen to read the Camaro content on the site.

CamaroGP

Veteran Member
Nov 10, 2012
Summerfield, Florida
I don't access this site with my phone. However with my laptop it was a mess. I fixed the problem by loading Ghostery and AdBlock. This is what I get now. Note that there are 19 ads blocked and three trackers. Note that there is still space where the ads would normally be.

NO%20SPAM_zpsgk6bx7x6.jpg

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
When at work our corporate firewalls blocks the ad's and puts an image of blocked content in there place. what we have found is that some of the click and get paid content can and has contained viruses, prompted un desired software upgrades as well a conduit for telemarketers to hound you.

Just ran into one of these, poor gal called asking if I could block incoming phone calls. she had responded to the Wal-Mart high jack from home.

Latest posts