I got scammed by a guy.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Some of y’all need to lead with empathy. Instead of having such a hard right bias, listen to the guy rather than beating on him. I totally get saying that x person hasn’t done anyone wrong to this point, doesn’t mean the guy is innocent. I would help to get to a solution.

Jimmac

Veteran Member
Dec 24, 2013
tucson az
I think its all about how a message is delivered is how a whole string of posts can go south. If you have a vendor with years of good standing all of the sudden gets flamed by someone who is new to a forum and just posting to bad mouth the person, it becomes a little suspicious. is the poster a mad because the vendor didn't want to restore something for cheap so the poster is trying to stir up trouble?
jim

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
I got scammed here also one time on a T-56 deal that was bad trans, but I did not go and have bash day. I went to the Admins here and got the guy banned so he would not do that to anyone else and you know to this day he's still not on here. There are better ways to handle this issue.

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
Some of y’all need to lead with empathy. Instead of having such a hard right bias, listen to the guy rather than beating on him. I totally get saying that x person hasn’t done anyone wrong to this point, doesn’t mean the guy is innocent. I would help to get to a solution.
Please let us know how that works out.

BillyDean7173

Final Six
May 21, 2014
Hutto, TX
Is that a university degree after his name? “Charles Dumbass FU”.
I think that's a certification, lol.

After looking at the OP's screenshot of the text again, I can see how I apparently misinterpreted the sender's name. I thought the sender was saying thanks and his name. Now I can see it as the sender saying thanks to the person in the conversation. So that is my bad and I apologize, but it did lead to some true colors coming out.

The OP started coming across like an ass and was treated accordingly. I remember someone here had a saying in his signature line that nails a situation like this on the head. Something along the lines of "if you need help, we're here for you and if you need support, we're here for you but if you start acting like an ass, we're really here for ya." Words to live by on a community forum.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
I'm all for a reasonable, helpful approach, and what I see sending this one off the rails is typical mis-communication/misunderstanding. These things can instantly change the tone of how we perceive someone. Looks like the guy has been a member here for years, just never posted til now.

His apparent level of distress about the issue rings true, but there are red flags that some extra info would help with.
-who did he actually send his gauges to? OP sharing that info would be helpful.
-Daniel is the "known variable" to us here. OP should have done more homework on his own to make sure he had the right guy before bashing him to us.
-Asking us for Daniel's last name? Red flag. He should know that, and KD is right. Not our place to share that. How about the OP sharing the name and address of the person he actually sent his stuff to?

If it is the same Daniel we know, and he's a busy guy, there is a 100% chance that he may have mixed up his customers/items/pictures, in which case calls and communication would clear that up before coming here to bash.

76z28

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2009
bakersfield
Why the hell is it so hard to post pictures? I have no clue who this daniel guy is.. so I don't have bias. I just want to know who is in the right or wrong here...

You posted a picture of an odd text chat... but wont post pictures of the gauges original or what you received.. WHY?

Latest posts