I hope you Florida peeps are playing it safe.

wdstamper

Veteran Member
May 17, 2014
Florida
I’m in Riverview and they say the worst for us will be around 5 PM. So far just wind gusts and rain with the bands rolling thru. Been here my entire life and it’s just part of living in FL. Hunker down and be smart.

Da_Raabi

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Just rain over here in Daytona so far. From the maps its looks like the most we will get is tropical storm force winds. We've prepped some, but not too much. Did'nt see much need on this side of the state. I'll probably close our shutters this evening before dark. This is our first time riding out a storm. Wish us luck!

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
Hopefully everyone affected stays safe! My thoughts are definitely with you. I'm scheduled to fly to Trinidad departing Houston at 4:50pm today. I expect we will have a bumpy ride as we pass around the storm!

DougD

Veteran Member
Dec 2, 2014
Bradenton, FL
I’m in Riverview and they say the worst for us will be around 5 PM. So far just wind gusts and rain with the bands rolling thru. Been here my entire life and it’s just part of living in FL. Hunker down and be smart.

Just down 75 in Bradenton, not really a concern to me either.

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
Do people move to Florida and not realize hurricanes are a "thing?"
Where i have my place in the "mountains" of PA, (where it does actually snow typically more than Philly) people are always bitching about the snow up there. I always get a good laugh at them. its like moving to the beach and complaining about sand.

Looks like it could be pretty bad for some. Hope everyone plays it smart.

kenny77

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Rained like crazy last night here in Ft. Lauderdale We had some tornadoes too. Gusts up to 100mph in some of those bands tearing the sh-t out of Broward and Palm Beach. Overturned cars and everything. My sister and brother in law live in North Ft Myers and are getting hammered right now. It's bad....... buildings are totally destroyed and there are assholes looting already. I'm worried about our and everyones insurance now with all these companies pulling out of Florida.

Last edited:

kenny77

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Just rain over here in Daytona so far. From the maps its looks like the most we will get is tropical storm force winds. We've prepped some, but not too much. Did'nt see much need on this side of the state. I'll probably close our shutters this evening before dark. This is our first time riding out a storm. Wish us luck!
If you ever get ANY KIND of storm like this..... all of Daytona is doomed. You have all wood frame construction hardly any CBS construction. Your neighborhoods will blow apart like a house of cards.....with your shutters still on.

Latest posts