I just came home to a flooded garage (wet floor anyway)

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Beat the heck out of this. This was the second connection maybe 8 or 10 years ago. Cold water line heats and cools and expansion seems to just leak a bit. Probably should have just soldered solid copper pipe and fittings.

hot water tank.jpg

70lt1z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 3, 1999
Beavercreek, Ohio, USA

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
^ That's another benefit of the braided flexible shark bite connections... They are a dielectric connection.
Are you getting paid to promote these :) I have to agree though, shark bite fittings are the shiznit.

Water heater is in, took about 4 hours including getting the new one. I went with the Rheem. I have to re-plumb the pressure release lines and re route the tube off the pan to a better location and I'll be done. That's a job for the weekend.This heat and humidity is kicking my azz

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
I had a Rinnai tankless in my last house, that thing was awesome. Endless hot water, once a year maintenance.
I dont bring anything good to this thread since the job is basically done, but......

installed a Rinnai tankless in my weekend place in 2006. Granted, its low use, its now considered a "low flow" unit based on capacity, but i wouldnt hesitate to install one again. I have never done anything to it except clean the little filter/screen thingy. Also, i cant remember the last time i had to get my propane filled.

hullj21

Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2012
Brownsburg, In
I work in the HVAC-R industry ( I do plumbing and electrical too) if you don’t have access to one of the supply houses in your area, then the next bet is Rheem from the big box store’s .