I need factory temp gauge help.

Discussion in 'Gauge Marks' started by cottlt, Sep 19, 2016.

1. cottlt

cottlt New Member

I just removed the 130mph speedo/dummy light cluster on my 1977 camaro for the 150mph/tach/gauge cluster, i went ahead & replaced the printed circuit & read up on this forum about what it takes to do the swap. The problem im having now is the temp gauge goes to the red after just a couple minutes of running??? Im scratching my head now, is there something im missing?

2. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You did swap the sender, correct?

3. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I asked the same question in your other thread regarding this gauge swap.

4. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member

I have to opposite condition. All my 71 Z28 gauges were restored by Gaugemarks, beautiful workmanship. But I must have the wrong ohm rating water temp sender as at 178 degree F my water temperature gauge barely moves from it's cold 100 degree resting position, maybe an 1/8". The sender I have is a single spade and is smaller in thread/diameter than the OEM (5/8") as I am using Dart SHP aluminum heads and the water temp sender is screwed into the driver side head. At 64 degrees F I read 3,333 ohms and at 178 degree F I read 221 ohms. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

I did the gauge swap a while back. The temp sender I used was rom O'Reilly Auto Parts. Product Line: BWD Part # WT359. I received this information from another member. Hope this helps.