I totally get why my grandpa stuck to watching old westerns now....

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 1971CamaroGuy, May 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

The last few years TV programming has been going down the drain, and started seeing more and more political stuff being injected into the episodes.

But lately, I mean in the last six months most everything I try to watch has an obvious political / SJW agenda to it. They aren't even trying to make it subtle now.

I love Scifi and superhero shows, and but that's one of the reasons I quit watching CW's Arrowverse, it started getting less about the superhero with solid storylines and more about getting their message out. It's crept into anything Disney related now too.

I am treading lightly here lol, I don't want to get the thread locked, but I am at the point now where I may have to be more selective in what I watch these days.

I might start checking out older shows I have missed over the years now.

I get enough politics outside of TV programming, my safe haven and escape used to be TV, but not so much any more.

80sz, Dave Nelson, dave@ztech and 3 others like this.
  2. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

The 3 Stooges and the Good olde Cartoons used to have their little digs in. I just never knew it til later in life. There is nothing on regular TV that I watch any more. I just look at Net flix or you tube for stuff. I have a huge collection of old VCR tapes and DVD's to keep me happy. I mostly tinker with stuff so I really don't care. Just Put on the Boob tube at bed time. Hell it's not even a Tube any more. LED's

1980RS likes this.
  3. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

With all the sub-channels offered with digital broadcasting on the over-the-air stations today, I find that there is no reason to watch the national network channels anymore. This season the only new network programs I watched were Last Man Standing and a few episodes of Cool Kids. Nothing on CBS, NBC, or ABC seemed fit to watch. They keep trying to sell their agenda on the networks, so I mostly watch the old reruns of 50 year old programming as it is much better than the new propaganda today.

4. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

That's the whole point of being an SJW... you never stop fighting for "the cause" against the "patriarchy". 24/7... 365 days a year... the life of an SJW is a difficult one. Seeing all that injustice everywhere you turn. Having to go through the hassle of inventing injustice when you can't find it so you can feel like a good person. It's a lot of work!

Last year some of my wife's family came over to our house and one of the kids had just graduated college. Sure enough, it didnt take her more than 20 minutes to start launching into her rant about her idealogy, lecturing everyone about how $h!tty the country is, global warming, etc...

Yep, it's all about fighting for the "cause"...

dave@ztech, Peck and 1971CamaroGuy like this.
  5. badslife2

badslife2 Veteran Member

All I watch is the Starz Encore western Channel.

biendog and 1971CamaroGuy like this.
  6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I watch gear head programming and sometimes the news. Usually to see the weather forecast as I work outside. The old Warner Brothers cartoons are still funny but a lot of them aren't politically correct as they were specifically propaganda films from WW2. I don't have the last couple of seasons but I have a complete set of the BBC program "Top Gear". They do get political at times but between hammering on British politics and also hitting both sides, I don't mind that. There are a few games shows starting to creep back onto TV and when I can stay up that late, I'll watch them from time to time.

dave@ztech likes this.
  7. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Agreed. Don’t watch a whole lot of tv to begin with, would rather be doing something productive. But it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve turned off a show because it got too political. I’m not super fond of the man currently in charge, and I sure as heck wasn’t of the last guy either. But in both cases it bothers me how much crap you see on tv about them crammed into a half hour.
    I tend to watch more documentary type stuff and older shows as well.

dave@ztech and 1971CamaroGuy like this.
  8. dadgonebroke

dadgonebroke Veteran Member

In my book- too many new shows with violence. No wonder we see so much death reported in the news. If there were more shows like Andy Griffith- this would be a whole lot happier world!

9. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I had a couple good series that i used to watch...Burn Notice, Chicago PD and Sons of Anarchy.....most of the "newer" crap is just as you described....so politically charged ...yak...
    oh and of course Teen Titans Go!!! ;)

dave@ztech and 1971CamaroGuy like this.
  10. EVILFACE

EVILFACE Veteran Member

Netflix, prime, Hulu and all the channels streaming over the internet, there is zero reason to watch network broadcasting. Especially during the initial airtime. Whatever you want to watch is available to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.