I totally get why my grandpa stuck to watching old westerns now....

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 1971CamaroGuy, May 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Veteran Member

In the automotive world we call them spiffs.

2. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Any John Hughes movie will always entertain. I watch a lot of youtube lately as well.

I watched a special honoring Laugh-In last night. It was filled with anti-Trump, cutesy pot smoking references, etc. There was a constant stereotype based joke theme. Basically, it was not funny and neither were the people on it. There was no talent, they flubbed their lines, their delivery was poor at best and the writing was terrible. Not like the old show at all.

Lily Tomlin and Ruth Buzzi were on it and had to carry the whole thing. Brought back a lot of memories. The only reason I stayed tuned in.

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I have that disc! Good stuff right there. This thread could also reference the track, "Don't Call Me White".:p

sparkyboy likes this.
  4. Bikefixr

Bikefixr Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Doctors do not get kickbacks. They can't accept a coffee mug anymore and it's been that way for a decade. Device makers have a bit more leeway, but not a lot more. The few that have tried to get 'creative' have been slammed pretty hard.

5. Bikefixr

Bikefixr Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm tired of being blamed for all the Worlds so-called problems. I'm tired of the fake 'outrage' of the week. I'm tired of manufactured victimhood. I have stopped watching several shows and I let them know why. I remind them that there 'chosen' demographic 10-35 is broke and still living in the basement, and that I lose more $ in my couch cushions than most of their 'chosen' make in a year. I watch Turner Classic Movies, Starz Encore Westerns, some COZI, Amazon-Prime and Motor Trend. I'm fed up and about to cut the cord, but not sure which services are the best for me yet.

shanghai Kid and dcozzi like this.
  6. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

I totally agree, just about all of the "causes" they are fighting for are manufactured and have no basis in statistics or facts. Many of it can be disproven by watching something other than the mainstream news or their college professor.

The bottom line here is accountability and being held accountable for your own decisions and actions, and we have seem to have lost that in this generation.

I worked with a guy a few years ago that was in his mid 20's and me in my early 40's. We both finished college around the same time. We both work in IT, I got my degree in my field and he got his degree in psychology.

We both had to start paying back student loans the same time. I set up my loan payments and he was trying to figure out how not to pay it back, no lie he literally spent a few days at the computer doing research on this instead of working.

In the end he couldn't figure out a way, and blamed society and the government for "making" him take the loans and it's not his fault.

He eventually quit work here and has moved to TN, his first wife had a couple of wrongful deaths and she ended up with about 100k. They both quit and moved over there and lived off this money for a year unemployed.

He thought that he was going to quit here, move to TN and make 100k right off the bat. He was making $42k here and should have kept his job. But he thought he was entitled to a salary that takes people years to make. Didn't happen.

He had since been divorced twice now and not even doing anything in psychology. I get text from him time to time at the bars.

I'll have my loans finally paid off in 18 months and a pretty high credit score.

7. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Saw a news clip where a multibillionaire black guy paid off student loans for a graduating class at a mainly black college. I wondered how many of those kids actually had substantial loans that had to be paid back? I suspect a fairly large number of those either had the tuition paid or received hardship scholarships. Would be interesting to see the actual bank checks the guy has to write for his largess. But I'm getting off topic here.

dcozzi and 1971CamaroGuy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.