ICT billet alternator bracket

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
anybody run this bracket?
1663779464175.png

I bought this over the weekend, because for the second time, i have snapped the bolt on this playskool "my first alternator bracket"
1663779611855.png

i have snapped the grade 8 bolt that threads into the #1 exhaust port twice now. both times about 10 miles into my 80 mile ride up north. luckily, the bolt unthreads after pulling the exhaust manifold and gasket, there is just enough there to grab and unthread.

Just curious, as i didnt see much as an alternative to what i have. Billet and chrome dont really do much for me, i like stuff that gets me home. i did actually make it home with a loose belt that i didnt want to tighten too much, so i didnt snap the other bolt, i think thats when things would have gotten real fun.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Ya, that's hanging the alt out there pretty far. I can see that bracket breaking off no matter what it's made of.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Yes. The length of that bracket with belt tension and rpm is gonna develop an impressive harmonic vibe that will (at least) snap a bolt. I suspect if you find a strong enough bolt, the bracket itself would snap.

Latest posts