Identify this cam

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Ok good! That was the process I figured would work. Total height minus base circle. Just concerned with the lift. I'm guessing it is moderate duration on a 114 by the way it ran.

1320feet

Veteran Member
Oct 23, 2019
Calgary, Alberta.
Drop the crank back in with the rear and front main bearings, number 1 piston and rod, cam and timing chain. Add degree wheel and presto. How long would that take?

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Drop the crank back in with the rear and front main bearings, number 1 piston and rod, cam and timing chain. Add degree wheel and presto. How long would that take?
Very true...and to further illustrate my laziness, the crank is still in it... I was just more curious than anything. The cam worked so well that I never believed it was stock.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Looks like intake lift is .431 ish, and exhaust is .4875 ish.

Nothing spectacular, but good with the stock crate motor

billvh

Sep 21, 2006
Speaking of stock and non-stock small block street "crate motor" cams, as far as I can remember the best hydraulic flat tappet was the Chevy 3863151. Don't remember the specs and I'm motivationally challenged to research them, but it was a great cam.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
When it comes to motivation, my favourite line is "the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese".
I think someone here has that as a signature.