If your boyfriend

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Dave Nelson, Mar 20, 2018.

1. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois..... Far S.W. Subs, RT 66 Area

AGAIN, you just can't fix stupid.
    It amazes me more every day how people make a living when they are getting dumber by the day!!!!

2. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

What really sucks is, when the inevitable catastrophe happens, it has a greater chance of harming innocent victims than the freakin' idiot who initiated the stupidity.
    A high school friend was killed by an idiot's trailer that came loose.

3. mrdragster1970

Brutal, and I bet the idiot got very little repercussions for murdering someone by stupidity!!!!

I've posted this many times. My neighbor has a trailer with a broken latch.
    You have to beat on it, pry on it and they wrap a coat hanger around it because it pops up.
    I offered to install a new guts, they never bought it, I offered to buy a new guts, just so the idiot doesn't kill me driving in the same area, and he refuses to let me in his shop to get the make & model.

4. xten

xten Veteran Member

No pill for it yet. I'm surprised some are still alive, and not walked out in front of a bus. Guess they will have to watch for autonomous cars. And as someone here (Gary S maybe?) once said, maybe that'll be a case of stupid fixing itself?

5. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

So much wrong with that hookup. Note the single chain is actually hooked to the clip that secures the pin in the reese hitch, and that hook looks like a dog leash part. And no light wiring hookup. And, and, and. Probably going down the highway at 75 mph.

6. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Saw one today.... went to deliver some parts and this buick came in the shop to have a grinding noise fixed. Never mind BOTH rear tires bulging all over the place didn’t want to do tires he was “heading down south” and was going to supposedly purchase tires in Illinois on his way because “they are cheaper over there” than in Minnesota. Mind you all of them were el cheapo tires worn to the wear indicators. I just shook my head and left. Can’t believe some people. At least he put the $8 brake pads on.

7. xten

xten Veteran Member

We get trucks in the shop sometimes that they leave the hitch in the receivers so long that they're rusted in there solid. Ever whack your shin on one? Make you see stars. They don't move. We've flooded them with PB Blaster, tried hammer, slide hammer, heat, even used one of the 10 ton pulling posts from the frame machine to get them out.

bodymanbill likes this.
  8. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I got a truck like that once. I always pull mine out from time to time and grease the shaft where it goes in the receiver. I ended up putting a different receiver on it so I could use the larger hitch. The old one laid around for a while and before I gave it to a neighborhood homeless guy who scraps, I thought I'd see if I could get it apart. I finally got it apart by heating the outer tube red hot and smacking the snot out of it with a DBH. (Darn Big Hammer) I still have the hitch but didn't trust the receiver after I got it that ht.

9. mrdragster1970

On another forum I was told to stop greasing the receiver & ball.
    It attracts dirt??????
    I always grease both. I also switch between pintle & load leveling hitch, so I don't have that issue.
    My next door neighbor got a ticket for driving with a hitch in the receiver.
    That is now illegal in Illinois??

10. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

I always take mine out when not in use. Prevents theft and the damned thing is painful on the shins.

Dave Nelson likes this.