If your boyfriend

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Dave Nelson, Mar 20, 2018.

1. xten

xten Veteran Member

It's illegal here too, but doesn't seem to be enforced locally. And yep, they hurt.

2. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I grease mine and put a ball cover on it when it's not in use. My Exploder has the ball on the rear bumper but the pickup has a class III slide in. I usually remove them so they don't rust in or get stolen. Down at work we have a separate warehouse and use a small train of wagons to move material. Many years ago the plant engineer got the idea that grease attracts dirt and shouldn't be used. All the couplers had holes worn in the top where the ball rode. They grease them now. I've never heard of Indiana requiring them to be removed, but maybe it just isn't enforced.

3. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois..... Far S.W. Subs, RT 66 Area

I started greasing mine religiously when a neighbors pintle wore so thin it broke!!
    I have a locking pin on my race rig, but I did get the hitch stolen on a work truck one time.

POS thief's are every where.

4. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Has been for a while.

I gave my FIL one of those B&W tow & stow hitch w/3 balls and folds away when not in use.
    He never removed it and I had to cut it off flush with the receiver. $350 hitch down the drain.

5. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

A co worker of mine lives in philadelphia. He left his laptop on the seat of the pickup parked in the street. Someone traded him the laptop for his trailer hitch. (Tossed his trailer hitch through the window).