If You're 40+...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Dave Nelson, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

In line with several above^^^^ at 53. I work out SOME...used to be MORE...now LESS. Some of the things I work with are bulky with moderate weight (130 being about the heaviest THAT I pick up). I too have accidentally gotten out of position on a little 75 lb piece and paid the price for weeks!!! Sometimes better to be thought a P*uss than to show it by hobbling around for 2 weeks after!!!
    I things that hurt the worst (that i have found) are usually your OWN BODY WEIGHT. You slip.stumble...xxxx...then able to "catch yourself" obviously WAY out of position, no where near concentrating, and daym sure not prepared for......always seem to have the WORST affects.

Dave Nelson likes this.
  2. biker

biker Veteran Member

Honestly for all the weird heavy things I've lifted in a dumb way, most of my back injuries have come from every day life. Bending to pet the dog, slip the wrong way on ice, sit for too long, that sort of thing.

3. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

What you’re not supposed to do arm curls with a 10 bolt?
    When I was 18 my cousin didn’t think I could pick up the 400 long block out of his GTO off the floor & put it on the work bench.

4. biker

biker Veteran Member

Good lift! Similar to a good sized atlas stone, but easier to grip. Atlas stones are smooth like an egg.

5. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

That's because these kids today can't do math.

6. biker

biker Veteran Member

That's actually funny as hell.

Smokey15 likes this.
  7. gas and guns

gas and guns Member

I remember the day when you may see a 30yr old woman and think to yourself, it would be nice to have an older woman.

Then it turned into, that would be nice but I'm old enough to be her dad.

Then it turned into, get that thought out of your head. Her dad will shoot your dumb old ass.

Smokey15 and biker like this.
  8. biker

biker Veteran Member

Well said... I remember my brother saying with some dismay that the appearance of the first odd hair poking out of your ear makes you invisible to women under 30.

Dave Nelson and gas and guns like this.
  9. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

As I've aged,I've always "noticed" women in my age range,never was that 20 year old type,I was the downer at the club,when I'd comment to a friend "isn't she about Jennys age?? [his daughter] .55 now and some of my older friends are late 60's early 70's.One is a hound dog at 71,I commented to him about my age appropriate thing, and he commented there are no hot women at my age! [now I know There are the Hollywood types and those with "good genes"] but I had to laugh!! It all comes back around to when the "overhauling" host [Courtney something?]resurfaced a few years ago with her own show,and car buddies were "shes gotten haggered and has smokers voice now" --Yeah Mr universe 2020 candidates talking there He-He-He Later Steve!!

Dave Nelson and clay's70 like this.
  10. clay's70

clay's70 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Same here!!

Smokey15 likes this.