I'm an old style centerfold.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ol' grouch, Jun 13, 2016.

1. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Yep, I'm what Playboy magazine published for years. I've got a staple in my navel. Actually, I've got about 40 of those little suckers. I get them out Wednesday. Anybody know how bad these are to come out? I've got some that hurt like the dickens when my shirt rubs them. Most are just there.

2. At Home Camaro

At Home Camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Grouch,

Suffered a ruptured appendix last year... had a few staples put in. They came out quite easily so don't worry much. They have a cool tool that grabs it and spreads the ends open. Your discomfort now and afterwards is likely more about the edges of the incisions and not really the staples themselves.

Take care and feel better soon!

--Bob

3. OldCamaroNut

OldCamaroNut Veteran Member Gold Member

I am 4 weeks post op for back surgery. 6 level fusion of my thoracic spine. I had 48 staples (cut from the back of my neck almost to my butt) and was surprised to discover that removal of the staples was painless. It's a walk in the park.

4. ol' grouch

Thanks guys. I've always toughed out pain and just put up with it but I got a wake up call this time. The surgeon mentioned he has noticed that diabetics (been one for 30 years) feel pain differently than other people. I'm going to pay more attention to aches and pains now. I won't go into details but most people in the cardiac unit were in and out in 3 or 4 days at the most. I was there for two weeks.

5. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

I had 18 in my head and they came out pretty quick

6. NOT A TA

NOT A TA Veteran Member

Broke my spleen jumping BMX bikes years ago. Got a zipper with about 40 staples. No pain removing.

7. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Now THAT'S a first post!

I had staples too, they were no big deal to get removed.

8. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a 18" scar on my r/knee from a knee replacement and the surgery site was closed by using 65 staples . They were not removed for close to 2 months and some staples were being overgrown by scar tissue . When it came time to have them removed the doctor said it'll feel like a bee sting

He then quickly counted them and said ,that'll be exactly 65 bee stings . As I mentioned some of the staples were covered in scar tissue and had to dig them out using tweezers and scissors

Let's just say that was 10 minutes of fun feeling ea staple being pulled out and the bee sting sensation was absolutely correct LOL!!!

9. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Had ten pulled from my gut after my appendix decided it was time to leave. I felt a sharp pinch on each one. It wasn't awful but it wasn't painless either.

A doctor told me if you sing while being worked on, your brain should focus more on remembering the words then the pain that you know will be over shortly. Can't hurt to try

10. ol' grouch

It's not that I can't handle pain. I reset my finger once when I did something stoopid and didn't even splint it. I just lived with it. It's just that a couple have tried to pull out and hurt like fire right now anyway.