I'm calling you out

Discussion in 'Mid-West Owners' started by invhtrods, Nov 2, 2003.

1. ItsMax

ItsMax Veteran Member

lmao... hey scott... next week should be the First Fenton Friday if the weather holds... last year the April one was cold and wet... not many cars showed up. Although I haven't seen anything in the paper for sure that it is there yet. This weekend there is a swap meet down at I-55 raceway...

Did you get yours home yet? I have finally swapped out the doors... test fitting the fenders.... and replaced the heater core... debating tossing on the plates and lights this weekend to take it for a spin... after that it comes apart again to rebuild the front-end.

2. paul81

paul81 Veteran Member

Kansas City, MO. But, I dont have a Camaro anymore [​IMG] But, I'll get another one, thats for sure.

3. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I live just across the river from St. Louis. This is my 72 currently it is in a million peices. complete mechanical rebuild/replace.
    http://blue72camaro.fbody.com/i-1.jpg

[This message has been edited by BLUE72CAMARO (edited March 29, 2004).]

4. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

5. 71cmro

71cmro Veteran Member

I bought my first project car last November. A 1971 Camaro Coupe. My wife got into it especially when it started up for the first time. It's black on black with the stock original (I think) 350 4bbl. Factory air that still blows cold. Been working on the interior and am just about done. Planning the paint and the engine work. I made the decision to rebuild it myself after a great deal of input and encouragement from fellow board members. Will be rebuilding it next winter. I want to get the paint done this year. Trying to find a good paint man. The engine runs ok right now. Just burns a little oil. Not much. I live just east of Dayton Ohio. I plan on turning the car into a Z clone. It's got many charasteristics of one now with the interior and the whels. Someone smacked a T/A spoiler on the back that I am going to replace as soon as I can find the correct 3 piece in good shape at a reasonable price. Anyone got one?

So far here is what I've done.
    • New headliner
    • Recovered all seats
    • New Carpet
    • Installed Peel & Seal in the cabin. (Made a huge difference with noise)
    • Replaced the rear speaker deck with a custom job that I designed. There are speakers but you can't see any signs of them.
    • Replaced the seat backs with the custom type
    • Replaced the rear arm rest panels with the custom type
    • Covered my sail panels with the headliner material. Looks great.
    • New upper and lower door panels and arm rests.
    • Installing brand new glass in the doors, new weather stripping and outside handles as well as the window felts and window guides THIS WEEKEND! Wish me luck.
    • Have purchased all correct Z28 emblems.
    • Installed new chrome lugs and installed center caps on wheels. Looking for new Beauty rings in good shape. No curb rash.
    • Installed replacement kick panels.
    • In a few weeks I will be tearing the dash apart and putting everything back the right way. Will also re-dye the dash. Starting to fade a bit. Will be trying to get rid of the warping that happens to all dash pads on the passenger side. Any advice is appreciated.

That's it for now.
    Car can be seen at www.graphichome.com/camaro

PS: I also have been reconditioning factory Delco car radios if anyone is interested. I've got several AM's correct for 69-76 Camaro's, Chevelle's, Nova's. They end up looking new when done. My e-mail is [email protected]