I'm moving to Tennessee

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by muscl car, Jan 6, 2021.

1. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a Sister & BIL in Nashville area, might be able to bump into you Chuck. :)

muscl car likes this.
  2. sandlapper

sandlapper Veteran Member

May Tennessee be just the cure!
    That's a lovely part of the South; so much to see & enjoy. Check out scenic drive thru sparsely populated "Land Between the Lakes" (via TN 49 then KY 453); by crackey there's still some live bison there.

https://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    muscl car likes this.
  3. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

OUT FREAKIN STANDING CHUCK!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Breathing free air will be great for your health.
    Now, to prepare for your new experience in humidity, this is what you must do to ease the transition. Go to your local
    steam room for 2 hours a day until you move. That way when you get off the plane, you won't pass out. LOL!!!!
    Very happy for you!!

muscl car likes this.
  4. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Congratulations!! As others have said, it will be nice having family near by. Good luck with the move.

muscl car likes this.
  5. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If it's anything like the 70-75% humidity in Hawaii I'm good

Zstar likes this.
  6. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member Gold Member

Welcome to the Volunteer state. Moved to Knoxville from the suburbs north of Manhattan in '04. As previously mentioned, humidity is really the only downside here, it is worse than the humidity I grew up with during my 47 years in NY. Nashville is a fun town, both Nascar and IndyCar will be racing in TN in 2021, lots of dirt tracks and 1/8 mile dragstrips. I knew in 1984 when I visited Knoxville I'd be retiring here. Good luck with the move.

muscl car likes this.
  7. xten

xten Veteran Member

Congratulations on many levels Chuck. First off, to have family that cares. So important and rare in these me-me-me days. Secondly for the beautiful area and many things to do. I have raced down that way and Ky many times, and I truly hated to come home to another culture shock. And the people for the most part (the ones I've met there) were a lot more welcoming and friendly than what I'm used to.
    As far as the Camaro goes, I'd get it transported. This is a big step. JMO, but why complicate it with more stress?
    Good luck in whatever you decide. How are you feeling?

muscl car likes this.
  8. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I just bought tickets Tuesday to the NASCAR Cup race in June at the Nashville SuperSpeedway. When we go in June, we'll be scouting for properties in the greater Nashville area. Our last trip to Nashville we looked at model homes in the Mt. Juliet and Spring Hill areas. Online I've looked at Hendersonville, Gallatin, Goodlettesville and Lebanon.

Nashville is a fun town. Live music every day. Our last trip we attended a MN Wild/Nashville Predator game. They have an EXCELLENT German restaurant near The Grand Ole Opry.

No income tax, very low property taxes, a much more moderate climate than Florida (still quite different than your high desert location in CA) and close/easy access to the mountains.

You have two options on getting the Camaro there:

1. Sell your Toyota and buy a capable tow vehicle.

2. Ship it there. I shipped a 1950 Pontiac to my nephew in Phoenix several years ago - but my neighbor owns a long haul trucking company and added it to a heavy equipment shipment headed to Phoenix. You will want to get several quotes on shipping your Camaro if you don't have a friend in the business.

muscl car likes this.
  9. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Glad to hear, hope your health issues are resolved! What a wonderful family.

muscl car likes this.
  10. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My stepson and his family live in Tennessee, near the center. It's a nice state, I like it. Lots of car people there. Good luck!

muscl car likes this.