I'm ready to surrender to the LS world!

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by dougs79Z28, May 29, 2012.

1. dougs79Z28

dougs79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My youngest son Griffin will be my right hand man!
    [​IMG]
    LY6 A/C
    [​IMG]
    Yep- guess with only 26k miles- it should be clean but I wasn't guessing this clean. Nice!
    [​IMG]
    Cylinder walls
    [​IMG]

2. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Are my eyes deceiving me, or are those very small holes in your cylinder walls ??

3. usmcz28

usmcz28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Them old eyes need to get checked that looks like coolant beads to me :crazy:

4. david.carlton@s

david.carlton@s Veteran Member

If... I knew an LS or LQ9 would clear my A/C delete plenum, and I knew it would bolt up to my 700R4 without remounting the transmission, I might go this way too. $3300 seems to get you a new long block either LS1 or LQ9.

Which would you rather have in your car 20-25 years from now if you keep it? I'm thinking the Gen I engines might be kinda cool....

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  5. dougs79Z28

Lol- that's where I sprayed some Sea Foam to know off the carbon. Just hadn't wiped it all off on this shot. This was a 4x4 Suburban HD 08 truck. It had a county emblem on the doors so it was a gov truck.

6. dougs79Z28

I don't mind. I found it on that site you told me about. 2,600 with all acc's and thats including $200 for not having a core. I figured I can sell some the stuff off. The 26k miles and hov serviced was what I liked. Even though 4x4- the slip tongue sleeve looked like it had never towed anything.

7. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Not bad. I think I paid $1850 for a 60K mile LY6 plus the computer, harness, and accessories I kept was roughly $2150.
    Only thing I didn't take was the AC parts IIRC.

So you got one with nearly 35,000 miles less for just a few hundred more. :)

No joke, I'm a blind bastard. My brain registered the images as concave instead of convex . LOL

8. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Gods country in the beautiful Sierra Mountains of
    How funny! I saw em as droplets until Ace mentioned holes in the cyl walls and I went back and looked and I saw the holes... The mind can do strange things to perception.

Great score on the motor. I have a 76 waiting in the wings for just such a plant.

9. dougs79Z28

Thanks guys. I'm taking the heads to Shaklett's machine shop here in Nashville today to have them milled .018" -- Using a cometic gasket .040"to achieve around 10.2 compression. Motor stock is 9.6:1 i think. I ordered the EPS cam kit and a vvt delete kit last week. PRetty mild set up. I asked for good idle and vacuum at 750rpm that has stealth street manners. This will not be a 'king of the street' car, but will run better than it ever has!:) I also ordered the billet engine mounts from Chassisworks. Plan is to get it in the car w/exhaust in the next 2-3 weeks at my friends shop- then trailer it back to my garage to work on ALL the little stuff (intake,carb,msd box,a/c,front drive accessories,etc). Wanted to go with a 200r4 but he gave me a th350 long tail and matching driveshaft for free. My car has a bw-Super T10 but was not originally a 4speed car so going back to an auto. t10 will be for sale when it comes out.

10. dougs79Z28

couple shots of my car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]