Im Selling the Maliboost....... :( 1966 Malibu, BBC, Th400, Turbo...

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by Maliboost, May 18, 2018.

1. Maliboost

Maliboost Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

1966 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu, 2 Door, hard top

Please read all of the details here, there are a bunch of them. I bought the car in 2002 as a Pro Street, back half car, I drove this all over the place & raced it locally. It is super consistent, & a lot of fun to drive. I have the original Black CA tags on the car. It has a 1968 Caprice 427, BBC with Oval Port heads, some cam, domed pistons, Car ran 6.40’s in the 1/8 with 180 HP Nitrous plate. I decided I wanted to go with a single turbo & started buying all of the other parts to move over to that combination. I have lost the motivation to finish the turbo project, so I'm selling everything as an unfinished project. Please note that the car now has a new GlassTek Cowl induction hood on it, not the hood with the forward facing scoop.

I'm selling the car as it sits & EVERYTHING I have goes with it. It will be a really cool street car when its done with LOTS of power & will cruise on pump gas all day long. If it does not sell as is, I will put the motor back together & sell it as a running hot rod & then part out all of the pieces I've collected over the years. I put a new Optima in it and got all of the lights & blinkers & everything all fixed up. I wired in the MSD 7531 & tested it to make sure it worked. All that’s left to get the turbo configuration done is put a set of pistons & cam in it & finish up assembling the fuel system & sheet metal in the trunk. To get the car running again naturally aspirated, it needs new valve seals in the GM heads, a gasket set & some headers. There are a bunch of other parts that are not listed that also go with the car, I just hit the highlights.

I'm asking $25K for everything. I am not willing to sell off any of the parts. I might be willing to deliver, depending on distance. The car is located in San Diego, California. [email protected].

I posted a BUNCH of pictures of everything on my website. There are 2 pages of the stuff that is included with the sale of the car. http://www.xtrmbowties.com/66ChevellePage.html If you need more pictures of anything let me know, I can get to most of it rather easily. The OEM Dash is 100% there & complete.

Trans #1: TCI Th400. Worked GREAT behind nitrous motor.

Trans #2: JW Trans Th400 & BUILD SHEET (new). UltraBell, Deep Pan, Trans Brake, HD Main Shaft (see receipt).

Converter built for the JW Trans & 1500 HP Turbo car.

Ford 9”, 4.10 Gear, spool, Strange aluminum center section setup by ART. Approximately twenty, 1/8th mile hits. Alston double adjustable shocks & springs (New).

TRZ Tubular A-Arms (New), with QA1 R Series, coil over single adjustable shocks (New) and Springs (New).

Heads #1: GM Oval port heads.

Heads #2: AFR Heads (New), w/Ferrera Stainless Valves (New).

Crower Shaft Rockers for AFR Heads (New)

Turbonetics, T6 GT 88mm Turbo (New), Custom made Stainless Hot Side (New), 4” downpipe, two 4” V-Bands (new) & Tubing.

CSU 850 Blow Through carb with dual feed bowls (New). Intake tube with TiAl Blow Off Valve (New) & Silicone hoses & stainless clamps.

Crank #1: GM 427 Crank (still in motor)

Crank #2: Keith Black Billet Crankshaft, 3.755 stroke (New). Mag’d & checked, ready to install.

Crank #3: GM 454 Crank, 10/10, Checked & ready to use.

Painless wiring harness, Lights & blinkers all work. Led running lights & tail lights.

Fuel Cell (New), Battery (New), & H2O box in trunk with trans cooler built in, Magnafuel ProStar 500 fuel pump. New Braided hoses & ends for fuel system. Sheet metal to finish trunk. TONS of Fittings & hoses to finish fuel system.

Glasstek, Cowl induction hood (new), deck lid (new) & cowl (New). Quick Latch sets for hood & deck lid (new).

ATI Flex Plate (New) & Super Dampener (New).

2 Stage boost controller from Brian Brown (BBR Racing).

Jesel Belt Drive (New Belt & Seals).

Cleko set (New).

CSI Carbon Fiber TH400 shield (New, but expired cert).

Eagle Rods with L19 Bolts (New)

Intercooler with 1000+ HP, Bell Core. Water pump for intercooler.

Innovative Waste Gate. Custom Copper WG & T6 flange gaskets

Moroso 22163 Billet wet stump oil pump.

MSD & Holley Wire sets

MSD 7531 Ignition system (bought from friend, tested @ MSD and Tested in car).

MSD 8251 HVC Coil.

MSD 7555 Synch & Misc Cables

MSD 8998 Buzz Box (New)

Parachute & License plate mounts for car (New)

Parachute spring Launcher & Mounting kits (New). Stroud Parachute (New).

Window net (New). Wing strut kit (New).

RCI Jacket & Bell Helmet. RJS 5 point Camlock belts.

Alignment & front end tools (New).

Sheet metal valve covers (New).

Snow H2O injection system.

Stroud 10 Lb Fire system with Push & Pull activation heads & cables (New).

TRZ Anti-Roll bar with bushed, grease-able housing ends, Heim Joints to replace Rod Ends (all New).

Wheelie bars with new Rod Ends.

Attached Files:

2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Say it ain't so...

3. camaro71/holland

camaro71/holland Veteran Member

Visited your site, too bad for you you have lost your drive. What a steal....if i haven't had my project, I would seriously consider contacting you. Good luck with the sale!

4. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Nice car. Reminds my of Danny Scott's Chevelle he ran in Fastest Street Car back in the 90s.

5. Pc3

Pc3 Veteran Member

you keeping the STANDS?:rolleyes:

6. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ah man...somebody will be getting a great car. Hate to see you sell it after all you have done with it.

Manny! that question was cold, BTW...those aren't stands, they are Maliboosters!.....LOL

7. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

How much for:

Trans #2: JW Trans Th400 & BUILD SHEET (new). UltraBell, Deep Pan, Trans Brake, HD Main Shaft (see receipt).

Converter built for the JW Trans & 1500 HP Turbo car.

Crank #2: Keith Black Billet Crankshaft, 3.755 stroke (New). Mag’d & checked, ready to install.

8. PalmbchZ28

PalmbchZ28 Veteran Member

Deal!