In 17+ years I finally got my first negative feedback on eBay

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 76_TypeLT, Dec 10, 2018.

1. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

And it wasn't even truly deserved, LOL! On Oct 13 I sold a 2nd gen Camaro hood lip trim piece. I sent a payment reminder on Oct 15 and then opened an unpaid item case on Oct 22. The buyer FINALLY paid me on Oct 29, 2.5 weeks after purchasing this item, even though that was not something I agreed to. During that time eBay automatically relisted the item and someone else bought it, which I promptly canceled and refunded within an hour telling them I could not locate the item. I messaged the first buyer on Nov 2 saying I was having trouble locating the item and explained our house flooded from Harvey and the item was either moved or lost. I messaged the buyer AGAIN on Nov 3 saying I could not locate the item and refunded their money and apologized profusely.

So despite the first buyer taking their SWEET time to pay me (16 days), they left me negative feedback because they thought I re-sold the item to someone else (at the same price, mind you, which I should have the right to do if you don't pay me on time).

If one of the members here is this buyer, then next time you think someone is doing you wrong, contact them first and get the details. Sheesh!!

Smokey15 likes this.
  2. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

I've had a few negatives, undeserved, but I take them with a grain of salt.....price of doing business

you did, however list an item that you were unable to hold up your end of the commitment

rarely do I need to do it, but an unpaid item case gets opened on the third day

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  3. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I didn't relist it...eBay did and they did it while the unpaid case was still open. That makes no sense. I didn't authorize the item to get relisted. :confused:

And yes, it's not that a big deal, but I would have at least preferred to get my first negative feedback because I truly f'd up, lol. I hate that sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers, which has been the case for a long time. If someone takes 16 days to pay me then they deserve exactly that.

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

At least you can respond to the neg feedback and I think you can leave the same for him?

5. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Yes you can leave bad feedback for him as well

6. Revin

Revin Veteran Member

Aaron,
    You will always have a huge positive from me (and my sister) on Nasty Z28!!:cool:
    That is the only place that counts anyway!;)

7. mech393

mech393 Veteran Member

I would have told him flat out that I was relisting it because he was late paying , and I would tell people to avoid selling to him and put it on the reply on feedback

8. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

I always give the seller a heads up about an issue or question before leaving feedback. Most of the time they make the effort to correct any issue. It’s good business.

9. EVILFACE

EVILFACE Veteran Member

One negative in 17 years is nothing. Buyers don't give much thought to negative/neutral feedback unless there are lots of them.