Instaling Nitrious express system - spark plug question

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by repoman79, Jul 17, 2014.

1. repoman79

repoman79 Veteran Member

I was told that for 50-100 shot in my sbc 350 i would want 2 degree colder plugs.

Not really sure what that would be? it that 2 degrees colder then a standard plug for a 350? Anyone have any suggestions on the plugs to go with? i was told at race shop that i also did not wanna use split fires or anything along those lines with the N02.

Also any input on gap's for the plugs

some info:
    sbc350 bored .30 mild cam ( not sure how mild ) vortec heads
    pretty standard build

Thanks as always for you guys help :)

2. Smokes

Smokes Veteran Member

Not untill you get to 100-125 shot, then go 1 step colder. You do want to pull 2* for every 50 hp shot, so 4* on a 100, this is a baseline starting point, Make sure though you have enough fuel (volume) to supply the HP of both the "engine" & N2o your giving it.

Try not to exceed 6 lbs. of fuel pressure through the plate.

Whats the CR on the engine? I like NGK V-Power race plugs. Just remember on the NGKs the higher the # the colder the plug, So a 5673-6 is hotter then a 5673-7 as an example.

If your at 9.1 compression, I'd run a plug 1 step colder then factory on 100 shot, tighten up the gap to .033"-.035".

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  3. DoTheDew

DoTheDew Veteran Member

Never changed a thing in my setup for 100 shot. Timing dialed back about 4 degrees, but never bothered with plugs, runs like a champ.