My SBC had a problem. Ever since I owned the car, I have said that if the SB came out, a LS motor was going back in. I found a '99 LS1 out of a Firebird with 32K miles about a month ago. I have been stripping down the old motor and selling off the parts. So far I have collected nearly $6k from old motor parts which goes a long way towards paying for the LS swap. I had a Billet Specialties front runner on the old motor and really liked it so I bought the LS front runner from them. It cost more that what I paid for the motor!!! However, I really like the way it looks and, if I am lucky, I may be able to use my existing AC and power steering lines. The compressor and the PS pump are placed in very similar positions. I also have a set of Billet Coil Covers from Taylor Industries. They are for Gen IV Camaro's and Firebirds. They are beautifully made from billet and then polished. The only problem is that the passenger side is about 1 1/2" shorter than the driver's side which leaves the last coil exposed. There is evidently an obstruction on the Gen IV F bodies which is why they make them this way. I have talked to them about making a full length passenger side cover and they are considering it. I told them they should market a set for swap situations like mine where there are no obstructions. There are tons of us in this same situation. In doing some reading, I found that the LS6 intake and throttle body flows better than the LS1. In doing a search, I found the LS6 manifold below that had a Carbon Fiber look done to it. It should look good and work well on the motor. At this point, I am planning on a twin snorkel air intake. I bought one designed for C5 Vettes. I feel pretty confident it will work but won't know for sure until the motor is in the engine bay. Speaking of which, I am having the guy who painted my car clean up the engine bay and plan on smoothing the firewall. I found some adjustable engine adapters by Dirty Dingo that will allow me to use my exising clamshell and engine mounts. I can move the engine 2 1/2" front to rear which should allow me to place my Richmond 6 speed in the same location and use my exising crossmember. Assuming all that works, I should be able to use the existing drive shaft. I have an aluminum bellhousing from Keisler coming which will allow me to mate the Richmond with the engine. I also have an adapter coming so I can hook up my Z bar for the clutch. I had the wiring harness modified and a tune put to the computer. It appears the computer will fit in my glove box. I cut a hole today in the glove box and test fitted it. It will be tight with the plugs installed but it looks like it will work. Lots to do but it should be nice when done.