Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by Robert M Mrozek, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Vettenick

Vettenick Vettenick

I was dealing with Grundy for just my classics. When I moved, I wasn't happy with Nationwide's attitude when it came to finding a new agent. Instead of them handing me off to a new agent, they told me to find a new agent on my own,,,,really?
    So, I called Grundy explained my situation, they hooked me up with AIG who insures my classics, and my regular cars under one policy, and each car has an agreed value. Believe it or not, they were not even half of what I was paying with Nationwide. And there's no restrictions for driving my classics, other than my state's collector's plates restrictions, which is only for pleasure use. Not like some companies where the car can be driven to shows/parades only.

2. Plant Engineer

Plant Engineer Veteran Member

All I know is if my insurance company knew how I actually drive...they'd cancel my ass.

dave@ztech likes this.
  3. Vettenick

Vettenick Vettenick

Your secret is safe with us. Long live hot rodding!

4. rocket dawg

rocket dawg Veteran Member

Went from Grundy back to Hagerty. Why? If I let my kid drive my ride, they werent going to cover it. So I added him as a driver and the rates doubled. he's 28 and a clean driving record. Also I cant drive it to the store, what??? too many restrictions. But its nice to know that I have other options here. Some of these listed here, I never heard of. Thanks
    Oh BTW, in Michigan insurance rates are the highest in the nation or close to it. Stupid surcharge for uninsured drivers. Yeah raise the rates so people cant afford insurance then charge customers for it. makes sense right? hardly.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  5. Plant Engineer

Plant Engineer Veteran Member

Cant drive to the store? Seriously? Take those conditions seriously . You get you're car jacked at the store and the insurance will say sorry no coverage for you.

I just send Hagerty's $60 a month and keep Nitrous off my intake and we are all good.

6. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

Seriously
    Hagerty is great. No real restrictions other than not having nitrous(which sucks but I am fine with).
    I also pay a little extra to get my car back if it is totaled and the agreed value.
    So that means if it does get totaled somehow, I get my car back and get to keep whatever parts are still good along with what I have it insured for.
    I just have to keep it in a locked garage, which I have.