Interested in this 73 Z28, few questions...

RePhil

Veteran Member
Jul 25, 2005
Lorain, OH
Looks like a real good deal if it passes your “rot” test. He will get it sold for that price even if not a numbers matching drive train. Looking at real 73Z’s for over a year and I never came across one for that price, in that condition. As Zstar stated a lift would be beneficial. Door skins were most likely replaced as GM did not use sealer around the edges. Also my 73 came with foil sticker on spoiler. GL and please keep us updated on your venture.PS, I really like the factory A/C option.
Thanks. I will update with what I find out tomorrow evening. Driving 4hrs each way. I failed to mention the AC is not working. :(

RePhil

Veteran Member
Jul 25, 2005
Lorain, OH
What about the Camaro script emblem on the trunk lid? What years and/or models got that? Will have to live with that without paint work. :()

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Look for rust at the front corners of the dash at the base of the windshield. Common to see rust there even if no rust anywhere else and can be some hard to fix.

bkmont

Veteran Member
Nov 14, 2010
Pensacola, Florida
For somebody wanting to get into the hobby, I would say it would bring $28K all day long with the matching number drive train, limited rot and in driver condition. As others say, just check it out thoroughly to make sure there's no hidden problems. The paint looks decent. How do you rate it in person on a 1-10 scale?

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Wow! I must be the only one…soon as I saw the interior pics I made up my mind it’s not worth $28k! Lots of unknowns…if you are going to pay big, I would check the #s on the drivetrain. Check the pass floor for rot, put a magnet to the body problem areas. Looks to be the only this car has going for it is paint, but the photos are blurry. It maybe just be a cheap coverup. It is also missing stuff like the front bumper guards.

Looks like an $15k car to me.

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
I’ll say that likely the seller gets close to full ask. Especially if a numbers engine. And should be foil decal on ‘73.

Latest posts