INTERMEDIATE STEERING SHAFT

hossz28

Jun 12, 2011
Ontario,Canada
Hi everyone what is being used for a replacement for the intermediate steering shaft on a 1980 camaro to eliminate the rag joint I have seen mention of a jeep Cherokee and astro van parts for 3rd gen camaro and g bodies but nothing to clarify what fits the 2nd gens and what is required to make them fit.

79T/Aman

Veteran Member
NastyZ28 Sponsor
NastyZ28 Sponsor
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 7, 2004
Dickson TN.
PTFB makes a new shaft.

PTFB intermediate shafts.jpg

ULTM8Z

Veteran Member
May 19, 2000
Los Angeles
It fits on the existing stuff. You just need to tell Borgeson what you have and they'll tell you what p/n to get. It'll depend on your steering box input shaft dia and the year car you have.

79T/Aman

Veteran Member
NastyZ28 Sponsor
NastyZ28 Sponsor
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 7, 2004
Dickson TN.
Do you need to modify anything or will it fit on stock steering column and agr box
no there is no modifications, you do need to check clearance between the lower joint and the frame.
I will need to know the year of the car and any changes made such as column or steering box.

$ Mike 70 Z-28

Veteran Member
Nov 7, 2002
New York, NY
Yes it is the same thing except we provide shafts already made to fit, no need to go on a hunt for all the parts, our shafts are plated and are more reasonably priced.
yes i can see that.. borgeson way more, are yours collapsible steering shaft are the joints Vibration Damper