INTERMEDIATE STEERING SHAFT

dcozzi

Veteran Member
May 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
no there is no modifications, you do need to check clearance between the lower joint and the frame.
I will need to know the year of the car and any changes made such as column or steering box.

Good call on the frame. It is close with those heavy duty ones. I cut a slit in the frame with a cutoff wheel, bashed it in with a 3lb sledge then welded the cut closed for clearance.

79T/Aman

Veteran Member
NastyZ28 Sponsor
NastyZ28 Sponsor
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 7, 2004
Dickson TN.
yes i can see that.. borgeson way more, are yours collapsible steering shaft are the joints Vibration Damper
yes ours is collapsible, I was always a proponent of having some sort of dampening but after a couple years of I've come to the conclusion that not having the damper has not significant effect other than provide a more positive feel, HOWEVER! as stated on the web sit, they are sold as racing components for that reason, it is up to the consumer to determine if they want to use racing parts.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Yes it is the same thing except we provide shafts already made to fit, no need to go on a hunt for all the parts, our shafts are plated and are more reasonably priced.
Hey man! I'd like to buy a shaft for my 81. Best to give you a call or go through website?

Dec 15, 2020
Hey man! I'd like to buy a shaft for my 81. Best to give you a call or go through website?
I called he said hes having supply issues like everyone else. So from Amazon I ordered a Borgeson telescopic shaft 450024 and 2 WMPHE ujoints 1 in DD to 1 in DD and
3/4 30 spline to 3/4 DD all together 155 bucks ordered yesterday receiving today
I just got to cut the shaft to length hope this helps biker dude

Last edited:
Reactions: Zee

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
I called he said hes having supply issues like everyone else. So from Amazon I ordered a Borgeson telescopic shaft 450024 and 2 WMPHE ujoints 1 in DD to 1 in DD and
3/4 30 spline to 3/4 DD all together 155 bucks ordered yesterday receiving today
Thanks man! That is a huge help. I will do the same, and keep you updated.

Canadian Barton

Veteran Member
Jul 20, 2015
Alberta
Do you have part numbers for the ujoints, I am looking to do the same. Thanks in advance!

Latest posts