Introduction - New, to me, '77 Z28!

Discussion in '1977 Z28' started by bnz433, Jan 3, 2020.

1. bnz433

bnz433 New Member

So I've been lurking as an outsider (never signed up) to glean some info as I looked randomly around the interwebs for about 3 years. Back in '91, my junior year in high school, I bought a low mile '77 Z28, 4spd A/C, black with buckskin cloth interior (I think it was the LT option seats???). I wrecked it my senior year, racing around the hilltowns I grew up in, in Upstate NY. Then went off to college.

College, work, marriage, 2 kids, work, divorce, remarried, 2 more kids, work, work, kid's school activities, etc., all delayed any thoughts of a "toy".

Fast forward to a month ago, I'd been watching a Facebook marketplace listing for a '77 Z28, black, AC, black vinyl interior, and Automatic, and joila, I had an emergent work trip that took me to within an hour of it's location. Setup with the owner to look it over. Showed up with cash, and made the deal. Just got it home the weekend between the holidays.

Everything is there. Date-correct motor (can't seem to get a good look at the engine VIN, and now it's in storage for the winter), original steel, still has the red oxide on the underside, no rust anywhere (was a Georgia car, we think?). Just some minor stuff to replace (tail lights, driver door handle, console lid - which he gave me replacement, rear seat covers - also has correct new OER vinyl, etc. I was only looking for a driver, and this one has a 10-footer paint job from 2 owners ago (drips, runs, etc.), but looks good for what I wanted, and the price was on par. And not a $20k cream puff I would never want to drive, or let the kids around!!

Here's some pics. And now that we've all "met", I'll be poking around a LOT more. Learning and, hopefully, contributing, too!

Happy New Years, Everyone! Looking forward to maybe meeting up with some of you! Upstate NY....just north of Albany, and just south of Saratoga!

IMG_20191227_164040761_HDR.jpg Driver underside looking rear.jpg Passenger Door Rocker Panel.jpg Underside.jpg IMG_20191228_182658686.jpg

mrfleet12 likes this.
  2. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Welcome to NastyZ :) Looks like you've got really nice toy.

3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That’s nice and the 77 Z28 was my very 1st new car I ordered new. Welcome 2nd Gen’r.

4. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Glad to see another 77 Z28 joining in. Any plans on bringing to the Syracuse Nationals this year?

5. bnz433

bnz433 New Member

Hadn't thought about it. And while not a "show car", i'm sure my boys would love a nice day out in our Z28, checking out loads of awesome cars!!!

6. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Believe me, there are more than a few "non-show" cars that I've seen. I had thought about taking my 77 this last year but health issues kept me from going, the first show I've missed since it started. Not to mention that the week of the show there is pretty much a cruise/show every night somewhere.