Is it time to sell her?

79Bluey

Jul 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Once in awhile I start it up and drive around the block. The tags are currently on non-op so can’t go too far. That’s why friends suggest to sell it if I don’t use it. I do worry though when all of the new seals start to leak from just sitting.

Lars_2Gen

Veteran Member
Dec 29, 2017
Fullerton, CA
When I sold my '73 RS LT Z28 20+ years ago, it was time to sell... I was not enjoying the car any more and didn't have time to maintain it. The day I sold it, I promised myself that I would buy another when I could, and now I have... just without the RS or Z28. I'm happy with the car I have now and don't regret selling my old one.

NotUniqueEnough

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 25, 2007
Lost
my car has been in the garage for 6 years. it runs it drives. it's insured and registered. it has some minor issues that make it not fun to drive. as I have time I fix the things that are wrong with it. It hurts no one for it be in the garage. the insurance is cheap less than $300 a year. the registration is cheap 50 bucks every 2 years. looking at the car makes me happy. it is the car I wanted since I can remember wanting a car. even my wife gets it (her friends ask why I have a car that just sits and she tells them because it makes me happy and thats enough) Once I get the car back to something fun to drive it won't stay in the garage. its not as nice as yours.. but its mine and I've had it for 18+ years. My two oldest daughters fight over who gets it when I kick the bucket. and that makes me happy too! ;)

79Bluey

Jul 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I figured the only person who I can think of that will enjoy it is will be when my daughter gets married and her husband drives it. I just hope that he will be a good care taker and not ruin my hard work.

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
I would say the folks here all love a car that nice. I have had 4, 2nd Gen Camaros. 2, I sold for parts and I gave away for free my 78 Z28. I just had too much stuff and no time to work on it. I regret that move. The guy never did anything with it and it got junked. I found out about a month after. Now I still have 5 Vehicles registered and insured. My 6th is the 81 Z28 in the garage. If I had the room I would probably kept every car I ever owned. Just a pack rat I guess. I would need 10 acres. I bet I could still fill that up.