Is my new fuel pump not working correctly? video inside.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by QUAKE_WARS, Jun 10, 2021.

1. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    Yes, I also took off the demon carb (old one) for a smaller one. Doing the same thing with a 600 Brawler carb.(new one)

2. 73 Z

73 Z Veteran Member Gold Member

How's it under load

3. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Just fixed a guys BBC earlier this year after I sold him my Holley 1000hp, same thing poor fuel pressure. Guy took the car to his buddies shop that told him that's the carb he needed. After messing around with the 1000 his car ran like crap, he called me back and this tuner said the 1000hp was just too big for his roller cam 468 and asked if I would come over and look at his Chevelle, I don't normally do that anymore so I said yes as I knew the 1000 ran perfect. I pulled off the bowl and not much gas came out and his fuel filter looked like the one in the video, empty. I put a gauge on the line had him crank it over and guess what 2psi. Pulled the pump and the pump arm was hanging off the side of the rod. Put it back on but the rod was rounded and I suggest he replace that, reset the 1000 and his 468 runs perfect, all this after he paid a shop over $500 for them to mess with this. He put on a new fuel pump and gave me $100 for my time even though I said it was not necessary. Old cars are pretty easy to diag, it's when the new stuff comes along that everyone has a of problems with.

4. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's perfectly normal.. This question has been asked at least a dozen times.