Is there no making women happy?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Chevy 350, May 26, 2012.

1. 79406RS

79406RS Veteran Member

Let me re-phrase this statement.
    Rarely, most men can not assist most women to being happy because most women do nont know what it is that want.

2. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

My girlfriend says to tell you that you are misunderstanding her. This is not about the car. It is about your feelings for her. What she wants is for you to say, "Honey, I really want you to have the car you want. It is important to me that you and (kid's name) be safe and comfortable. Forget money for the moment; what car do YOU want?"

Then, she'll say she wants a 2012 _______. THEN, she'll say "but we can't afford it." THEN you can say, "Well, maybe we can find something a little older, but similar." Note: if she doesn't say, "but we can't afford it", then be cautious about marrying her.

This is about her wanting you to express verbally what she means to you.

3. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

Best advise you can get. honestly we have both been through allot and the one thing that the couple therapist said was it was rarely just about the "car".

Also said you have to be happy. If your not, your not going to make anyone else happy.

4. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Buy her a new red BMW convertible.

Stay out of the dog house.

5. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

I remember someone we know asking permission to buy a vintage Buick funny car, but I'm not mentioning any names.:D

6. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oh yea, I've been through the car thing. It will never be right unless it's her idea, and when that goes wrong - it's your fault. I'd tell her tough crap on the car, she can go buy her own. See how that goes, lol.:screwup:

7. girl-E

girl-E New Member

I wanted to come in and give a woman's perspective...My opinion doesn't seem to be much different than most of the men here though... RUN.

I have girlfriends like this, who think once they get a man who is doing well for himself, they are somehow entitled to his money. In my experience they get this idea from 2 places: their mothers and their ex boyfriends.

Once these women learn they can get whatever they want from you...they NEVER stop. First it's a car she knows you can't afford, then it's a house closer to her relentlessly overbearing mother! If you don't say no now, get used to getting trampled all over in the future.

I am married to Mike (POS71rs), a couple of months before we were married, he took a look at my piece of crap car and decided I needed a new one. And since my credit sucked, he was going to help me buy it. I wasn't comfortable with the idea since we weren't even married yet, but he persisted. My total involvement in buying the car went something like this:

Me: I want a truck
    Mike: Not a chance in hell
    Me: Those pre-owned scions over there look nice

I've worked full time nearly our entire relationship and we were able to pay the car off early and now have zero car payments between us. As a general rule I know that I can't spend more money than I personally make. And Mike OK's all purchases over $50.

These "rules" we have are not because I am some docile "little lady". The fact is that Mike makes a lot more money than I do, and to spend more than I earn is disrespectful. Just because he's my husband, doesn't make HIS money MY money. Any woman who freely takes advantage of another mans financial situation has zero respect for him and even less respect for herself. One day I might want a brand new car, and I'll get it too...just as soon as I put in the overtime at work to afford it...MYSELF.

8. Bucketlist2012

Bucketlist2012 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Always great to have a Ladies perspective on the subject... I hope it helps the OP

9. Black2ndGenZ28

Black2ndGenZ28 Veteran Member

Do u have a sister in her 20's who's cute and single??? Please please please say yes lol

10. girl-E

girl-E New Member

As a matter of fact...I DO...buuuut, I doubt you'd be her type...
    She likes ladies :crazy: