Is there no making women happy?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Chevy 350, May 26, 2012.

1. girl-E

girl-E New Member

I hope it does too. I have little brothers who are in their late teens early twenties. I'd give them the same advice if they were in the OP's shoes. And to more directly answer his question...

It's not YOUR job to make your girlfriend happy. Sounds like you've already gone above and beyond to find her a suitable replacement for what she considers to be an unreliable car. If your suggestions don't satisfy her, go ahead and let her pick out her own car...on her OWN dime.

2. Black2ndGenZ28

Black2ndGenZ28 Veteran Member

:whine:

3. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

Hey. At least you'd have something in common. That's more than a lot of men can say about their wives. LOL

4. JOHNNYMO

JOHNNYMO Veteran Member

I agree with most of what you said with the exception of having a divide between you because one of you makes more money. It all about whats "ours" when youre married. No seperate checking accounts, no its mine and thats yours.... its pretty much all our stuff. If my wife wants a brand new car, WE go to the dealership and buy one and its our car that she is the primary user of which makes it her car. Maybe Im a little old fashioned, but its worked for the last 23 years.

5. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Gods country in the beautiful Sierra Mountains of
    I would have to answer YES, you can make em happy, then go take a shower, put yer clothes back on and go home.

6. girl-E

girl-E New Member

We don't have separate checking accounts, and most of these financial "rules" I mentioned are self imposed. More my personal view point than something my husband came up with. I feel strongly that I shouldn't spend more money than I would if I were living off my own income. Obviously there are some exceptions to that, like our home mortgage (which I couldn't afford alone) our vacations (which I couldn't afford alone...etc. Mike would never deprive me of anything I wanted. But that's the thing, the man takes amazing care of me...I want for nothing.

He puts food on the table and a roof over our head. I've always felt that if my husband makes the bulk of our income he should be the one in charge of how that income is spent. In 7 years he's taken great care of us, financially speaking he knows what he's doing. Why fix what ain't broke!

7. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Gods country in the beautiful Sierra Mountains of
    That POS is one lucky guy :D

8. ZS10

ZS10 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

The both of you should be proud of your relationship.

For the rest of us, set rules. Draw lines in the sand. Put your foot down. When its no longer what you wanted in a partner, point to the door and say G.T.F.O.

9. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

For the record, I'm kinda the same... You would not believe how tough it us to convince my wife to buy something for herself. If I can't convince her, it's up to me to buy it for her.

I've been trying to convince my wife to upgrade to a lil nicer car for a while...but she ain't having it. She'd rather just steal mine on long trips....lol

10. JOHNNYMO

JOHNNYMO Veteran Member

Thats cool. My wife doesnt really ask for anything either.... I usually have to push her a little to go get a manicure or something like that... She never goes out and gets stupid with a credit card or has to hide any ludicrous purchase she made. I keep asking my Andrea if she wants a new car.... she always says no!! I guess Im the one who wants her to have a new car, not her. Shes driving a 98 model with 112k miles on it and has no issue.... me, Im the one who has to fix the dang thing!!:D

And just so you both know, I wasnt being accusatory or insinuationg you guys had a bad thing going or anything, just giving my own accounts of what we do.